No announcement yet.

New RAMs Memtest86 fails Bit Fade test.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RAMs Memtest86 fails Bit Fade test.

I just setup my new PC: ASUS P9X79 Pro motherboard, Intel i7 3930k CPU, G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 64GB (8 sticks of 8GB) DDR3 2400 RAMs (F3-19200CL10Q2-64GBZHD), Corsair HX850 power supply, MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition graphics.

Problem is that I'm passing all of the tests in Memtest86 (latest version, 4.2.0), except the last test (#10) which is the "Bit Fade" test. This test checks to see if the memory retains whatever was written to it. Within 2 minutes, it fails. It fails on every memory address, I believe.

I flashed the latest BIOS for my motherboard. I changed all settings to default (absolutely no overclocking, just stock settings). It failed Memtest86 Bit Fade test again. Then I tried enabling XMP in the AI Overclock settings in the BIOS. I changed from DDR3-2400 to DDR3-2133, because DDR3-2400 won't boot. Still no difference in Memtest86 results. I tried increasing the DRAM voltages slightly. Tried increasing VCCSA, VTTCPU, VCORE, enabled clock filter 10uF. Etc. No differences in Memtest86. I tried increasing the DRAM timings from 10-12-12-31-2 to 11-13-13-32-3. No differences in Memtest86. I tried increasing the DRAM REF Clock Timing from Auto to 500. No changes in Memtest86.

At this point, I'm running out of options. I'm not sure if it's the motherboard, the RAMs, or the CPU. What do you guys think?

I'll try removing whatever I can from the system and will install just one stick of memory at a time to see if that makes the problem go away. Currently, I'm using 8 sticks of memory at the same time.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    - Steve

Might try 2133, stock timings, CR at 2T, DRAM voltage 1.675, OC to 4.2, VCCSA to 1.25, VTTCPU 1.22 and give that a try.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Since basically nothing works right now, we need to start from the bottom. Test each module with XMP enabled to see if each can pass. The memory is perfectly compatible with that motherboard and CPU, so something may be bad causing problems.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X