Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which RAM to add with f3-14900CL9D-8GBSR on Asus P8P67?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which RAM to add with f3-14900CL9D-8GBSR on Asus P8P67?

Hi,
    I have already 2 Sniper RAM on my P8P67 (F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR).
    I would like to buy more RAM, certainly 16GB.
    What RAM can i buy, must be the same frequency (1866)?
    My Snipers are perfect, i'd like to buy more G.Skill.
    Thanks for your help.
    Pascal

You want 16GB total or to add 16GB (I ask because mixing sets can be problematic, with two separate sets they won't always play well together) also what CPU

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi,
      I want to add more 8GB or 16GB, but like more to add 16GB if no problem.
      CPU i5 2500k.

Pascal

Comment

You can try adding, if so I'd go with a 2x8GB set (that way you will have a minimum of 16GB if the new set won't play with the old) and with what you currently have, I'd suggest the 2x8GB Snipers F3-1866C9D-16GSR....when putting then together with your current sticks, I'd try the 8GB sticks in slots 1-3 (from CPU) and the older sticks in 2-4. will prob need DRAM voltage at 1.57 or so and may have to increase the MC (Memory Controller voltage to about 1.14

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for your help.
          You propose 1866 RAM, is it because my old RAM are 1866?
          If yes, can i put other 1866 RAM same the old (8GB same ref) or the F3-14900CL9Q-16GBSR?
          (i leave on an island in Thailand (Phuket), not many choice...)
          Pascal

Comment

Can try yes, as I said the first post, I suggested 16GB so you would have at least 16GB, mixing sets doesn't always work....if trying to mix, it best to try sets with the same base specs

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X