Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memory help

Hi,
    I'm trying to find the right memory for my MOBO it is an ASUS P5GC-VM. This particular model is not listed on the G.Skill site but when I look it up on Newegg.com a few options come up but most are 800MHz which is ok if I OC but I wasn't planning on it, but if I should/have to that's fine.

Details:
    4 x DIMM, max. 4GB, DDR2 667/533 MHz, non-ECC, un-buffered memory
    Dual channel memory architecture

I want to know if any of the G.Skill memory will work or if G.Skill and this model don't play well. What do you recommend?

Thanks

...besides a MOBO...
    Last edited by speckter; 03-30-2013, 11:16 AM.

Gskill DRAM will work, however as you remarked, 800 is the lowest available I know of, though it will drop and run at 667 (which is the max for that mobo without getting into OCing it). Not sure how much you want or what the budget is, guessing the max of 4GB, so I'd suggest the NQs - F2-6400CL5Q-4GBNQ, it's a 4x1GB set that is pretty versatile

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for the help and advice, the parts are ordered, i will let you know how great everything is working once it is installed!

Comment

We'll be looking forward to it

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X