where have all the 64gb kits gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where have all the 64gb kits gone?

I realise this might be of limited appeal, but where have all the 64gb gskill kits gone?
    Newegg has them, I admit. But they have shot up in price and I can't find any above bog standard 1600mhz in europe. I did ask gskill about the 2400mhz ripjaw z's, and they said they'd pass me on to their distributor, who I also contacted directly, but then nothing from either of them.
    I'm only slightly worried and asking because: I think (fingers crossed) I have my 64gb of 2400mhz. It's been sent to an address in Germany (the only site I could find who had it and the only way to get it) and should be sent on to me shortly.
    But what if it's the not the right memory? I'm only slightly worried because I ordered a graphics card in the uk recently and got the wrong one, not that unusual for the uk I know, but we're talking GERMANY right?...)
    So why the dearth of big kits? Lack of demand, the imminent Haswell?

Anyway it would be nice to know they're are more in the pipeline; just in case I end up with 64kg of bratwurst.
    WORLD DOMINATION FOR ALL !

I'll drop GSkill a note to take a look

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi,

We will taking care of your case, and will forward your question to our sales department,
      please message us about your email address and someone will going to contact you.
      Or you can send an email to: sales@gskill.com directly, sorry for the inconvenient!

Comment

Generally speaking, it's not easy to produce a high speed 64GB kit, that's why not many manufacturers carry it. Each module has to be perfectly matching, and that is very difficult to find. Especially the higher you go in capacity and frequency, DDR3-2133, DDR3-2400, it is EXTREMELY difficult. Essentially they are very limited production like our DDR3-2800 DDR3-2666 and such kits. This is why I always stress to people, if you really want top of the line hardware, you need to buy it as soon as you see it. Once it's gone, you may not see it again. In many cases, people are waiting to snatch them as soon as they are in stock. That's how you'll see something available for only a few hours.

It's not lack of demand or haswell, X79 is here and will be for quite some time.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ah, I see. I got the wrong impression when I started looking because everybody seemed to have loads, it never occurred to me that these kits were in anyway rare.

As I said, mine should be on it's way to me soon, but I won't rest easy until it's in my hot little hand.

Maybe you can start rummaging through that big cardboard box of ram you keep over at G.skill for another 64gb kit, just in case...
          WORLD DOMINATION FOR ALL !

Comment

We'll be waiting to hear

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X