Maximus Extreme BIOS Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximus Extreme BIOS Settings

Hello, I need some help setting up the BIOS for Maximus Extreme Motherboard with Intel CPU QX9650 and F3-12800CLD-8GBXL ram (2x4GB), Computer runs fine at 333MHZ FSB, but if I make any change other then 333Mhz (want rated 1600Mhz) computer locks up. I have researched endlessly on Internet but no settings are working. Would appreciate any help getting MOBO to run at rated FSB of 1600Mhz. My system is water cooled also as I may want to overclock after I get system running stable. Can anyone post info on all settings needed in my BIOS. Also for some reason MOBO does not give me PC3-12800 option in RAM settings and I am running latest BIOS. Thank you

Make sure you have the latest BIOS, then set the FSB to 400/1600. This is going to OC your CPU to I believe 3.6 so raise your vCore to about 1.345 (for the moment, once we get it stable can try lowering it).....set the DRAM timings to spec manually and raise the NB voltage +0.07 from the current setting and give it a whirl.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Not Working

Other then running at 333MHZ, no changed in BIOS are working to get this RAM to run at rated 1600Mhz.

Comment

What's at 333? IF it's the FSB, then as mentioned before the FSB needs to be 400 to equate to DRAM running 1600 - the FSB has to be at least equal to the freq of the DRAM you want to run

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

400fsb

I have tried to set FSB to 400, but computer will not boot. I set FSB to 333 and multiplier to 9 thru 10 with memory timings 9-9-9-24, AI twister: strong, Memory level up then the computer boots up and runs fine, even overclocked. No other settings I have tried will get me to post. Both memory sticks have been tested and passed. CPU QX9650. I just need the correct settings in this BIOS (1302) to get this running at the rated speed of 1600Mhz, after that I can overclock it if I want. For some reason the BIOS is not recognizing the memory as rated as I do not have PC3-12800 otion showing in my BIOS, strange? Thank you

Comment

The DRAM is rated for a 1600 freq. With a 775 mobo/architecture the FSB MUST be equal to or greater than the DRAM freq you want to run, so you need your FSB to be 400/1600, if worried about OCing can always drop the the multiplier on the CPU.

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X