Slow F3-2133C9Q-32GXH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow F3-2133C9Q-32GXH

F3-2133C9Q-32GXH, AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz, OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2 series RVD3X2-FHPX4-480G PCI-E 480GB PCI-Express 2.0 x4 MLC Internal Solid State Drive, ASUS Crosshair V Formula

Do you think we can make my ram perform better. The settings in my bios are 9-11-11-31 but passmark shows 8-10-10-29 it maybe a glitch in there system. I just want to use the factory settings that the F3-2133C9Q-32GXH says on the box

2000 at CL8 with 32GB on an AMD CPU is very good, could try using DOCP and the 2133 profile if your mobo has/allows it....or try setting manually (set the timings and freq manually, then will prob need to raise DRAM voltage + 0.05 and CPU/NB + 0.15....most folks have trouble running an 8350 with 32GB even at 1866, so as said 2000 is very good.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

After i did what you said there was no change in my benchmark I dont understand 2000 cl8 i am running CL9

Memory Mark
      This Computer 1530

Memory - Database Operations
      This Computer 52.4

Memory - Read Cached
      This Computer 15447 mb

Memory - Read Uncached
      This Computer 7116 mb

Memory - Write
      This Computer 5856 mb

Memory - Available RAM
      This Computer 30098

Memory - Latency
      This Computer 55.8 WOW this is slow

Memory - Threaded
      This Computer 22631 mb

Comment

Take a look at what the the BIOS says you are running at, or CPU-Z (in the memory tab). Passmark may not be reading correctly - is it the latest version?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

BIOS is 1703 the newest from asus and passmark is up to date I have contacted passmark about this and havent got a reply yet and its the second time i have contacted them
          I was guessing i may be doing something wrong so trying all sources
          Last edited by hawks; 01-06-2013, 03:49 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

What does it show in the BIOS as to timings? Try downloading CPU-Z (free utility and see what it shows in the Memory Tab, some programs have trouble reading AMD systems

Tman

Comment

ram info

here you go

Comment

CPU-Z shows 9-11-11-31, I'd trust that as the true freq you are running above passmark - could test with Maxx-Mem2-Preview, it does pretty well w/ AMD systems

Tman

Comment

So i cant get any faster speed out of my ram with the recomended settings

Comment

Have you tried Maxx-Mem2 - the latency shown by passmark sounds about right for the 8350 (actually on the good side) as you increase the total DRAM the latency is going to rise, it's the nature of the beast, and generally with any AMD CPU the DRAM won't run as efficiently as the Intel CPUs )anyway the 2nd and third gen CPUs)...AMD is just now starting to close in on the MCs Intel has in the older 2nd Gen CPUs like the 25, 26 and 2700K lines. So you're doing well with your 8350, better than most

Tman

Comment

10-4 So I can buy the best ram out there and it will not get even close to intel

Comment

It's not the DRAM it's the capabilities of the MC (memory controller) on AMD CPUs, which is something AMD is actually (finally) posting. When the FX CPUs came out they claiming native 1866 for DRAM and after much discussion (according to their own tech documents these are 'native' 1333 CPUs (same as Intels 2nd Gen CPUs) they have changed the advertising to reflect the FXs are capable of 1866 AT 1 DIMM PER CHANNEL (or 2 total) and according to their BIOS and Kernel Guide that was with 4GB sticks...the actual specs are now buried on their site here:

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...encyguide.aspx

Tman

Comment

You have most helpful thank you

Comment

Sorry couldn't be more encouraging, I keep picking up AMD CPUs and doing in-house builds and experimenting with them, but just haven't seen anything yet to encourage me to start building with them, the memory is part of it, but also the cost factor, granted they finally dropped the 8350 down to $199, but for $20 more there's the 3570K which the 8350 can't touch, most 3570Ks can easily handle up to 32GB of 2133/2400, and OC better as well as just out power the 8350. Additionally you need a higher end AMD mobo to really push it, though with a 3570K you can drop $125 and be set for awhile

Tman

Comment

Happy with my build didnt know there was a better amd setup then what i have

Comment

Working...
                              X