BSODs on P67A with 17000CL9Q-16GBZH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSODs on P67A with 17000CL9Q-16GBZH

Whilst upgrading a number of other PCs I moved 16gb of Ripjaws from a Z77 chipset mobo to a P67A-UD3R-B3 mobo, with an I5-2500K CPU.

According to http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=438, the P67 chipset is supported, but no qualified P67 chipset mobos are listed.

The memory is set to XMP profile2 (2133), with stock timings (9-11-10-28-2N), but the PC BSODs every couple of hours. I ran some quick tests with memtest 4.2, no errors were found. I haven't run extensive tests yet.

Is this just a compatability mismatch or do I need to do something else to stop the BSODs?

I have 16gb of 12800/1600mhz "other vendor" ram I could try, but I've been having a lot of good experiences with G.Skill I'd prefer to stick with it if I could.

This 16GB was in an ASROCK Extreme 4 mobo previously, and I can only recall 1 ever BSOD in the last 6 months.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks
    Tanya
    Facebook: The disease of the 21st Century

Does it have the latest BIOS? What OC on the 2500K? Try at least 4.2GHz, stock DRAM timings, VCCIO up to 1.15-1.16 or so..If problems continue post up the BIOS settings, especially the DRAM timings (base and advanced) as well as system voltages

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Does it have the latest BIOS? What OC on the 2500K? Try at least 4.2GHz, stock DRAM timings, VCCIO up to 1.15-1.16 or so..If problems continue post up the BIOS settings, especially the DRAM timings (base and advanced) as well as system voltages
      Yes, latest BIOS F9. The CPU is not overclocked. Everything is at stock.

Will try your suggestions in the morning and revert.

Tanya

Comment

Let us know, the advanced timings may be off also, if troubles continue post those up and will take a look

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          Let us know, the advanced timings may be off also, if troubles continue post those up and will take a look
          I reset CMOS settings, then tweaked the few common ones (boot disk priority etc), and it seems to have settled down. Hasn't BS'd once so far today.

Will monitor for the next few days.

thanks for your help.

Tanya

Comment

Sounds good, keep us updated

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X