• Show
Clear All

Did you warm up the modules prior?

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Did you warm up the modules prior?
      No, in fact it was very cold.

Comment

Especially during cold ambient temperatures, the thermal adhesive is even stronger. It is necessary to use a heat gun, or stress test the modules and use a hair dryer at least to get some heat applied to loosen up the adhesive as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by belgario View Post
          Hi,

I recently purchased a set of TridentX DIMMS. I also have been unable to remove both screws securing the heatsink fin. It appears the screws have been over tightened. One came off fine but the other was too tight. As a result I ended up stripping the screw. I haven't even gotten to the stage of sliding the fin off. Now I am stuck with a product that will not fit under the cooling assembly.

Regards

Belgario
          I have the same problem. Its really annoying. The screws simply will not budge. The corsair ones I used to have had a hex nut screw that was really easy to remove as the key was a nice snug fit but with the crosshead screws G.Skill uses its too easy to strip the head. I wish I'd stuck with corsair honestly. I'm forced to either drill the screws out or dremel off the fins.

Is there an RMA address to send to in the UK?
          Last edited by soupdragon; 02-25-2015, 08:13 AM.

Comment

They're not easy to strip if you use the correct tool.

#1 x 25mm

Of course if you try to use any Phillips crosshead laying around the house and jam it in, there's an easy possibility to strip such a tiny screw..

But don't worry, you're not the only one. You can send them in to have removed, or get the correct tool and do it yourself. Contact the RMA dept. if you would like to send them in.

rma@gskill.com

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Comment

Working...
            X