Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

asrock z77 extreme4 + 4x [ RipjawsX ] F3-10666CL9S-8GBXL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asrock z77 extreme4 + 4x [ RipjawsX ] F3-10666CL9S-8GBXL?

Hi,

I am planning to put 32gb ram into a new built and want to confirm if the ram that I have will run on the motherboard I'm planning to buy.

I have 4x [ RipjawsX ] F3-10666CL9S-8GBXL and want to install them on an asrock z77 extreme4.

In the qualified motherboard list on your website the extreme4 is mentioned, but in the list of ram that will work with the motherboard on the asrock website this particular ram is not listed.

I have read that there may be an issue with this particular ram/motherboard combination, but I couldn't confirm that.

So can you guys please tell me if it will work without any problem?

Not planning to over clock or anything.

Thanks!

Did the DRAM come as 1 complete set, or did you get individual sticks, 2 sets or 2 sticks, etc? I ask because mixing sticks/sets can be problematic. Always best, especially with high density sticks to get a single complete set, that way they are tested to work together. That being said, with 1333 sticks they should be fine as a single set, and if mixed sets of the same model, at most should take minor voltage adjustments to have them running nice and smooth. As far as QVLs, they test with whatever they have on hand, see my info thread on QVL list here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I did buy them individually and currently have 16gb running in my current system without any problem.

I found out that my current motherboard only takes a maximum of 16gb after I bought another two sticks

Would it be any indication if I swap the ram for the two new ones and if those run fine all 4 together on a new board should be fine?

Thanks for your quick answer!

Comment

That's part of what I was saying about mixing sets, packages, etc, the ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 will easily handle 32GB, I'm running that mobo with a 3570K and 32GB of 2400....What CPU are you running and can you post your DRAM settings (base and advanced/secondary) along with system voltages and we'll see if we can get them going - it may be later this PM as I'll be in the field for the next 8-10 hours today

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I was planning to get an Intel Core i7 3770 (not the K)

as i said im not planning to overclock the system. I wouldnt even know my DRAM settings at the moment, im running everything stock so you can probably tell me what im running =)

So yeah:

asrock z77 extreme4 + 4x [ RipjawsX ] F3-10666CL9S-8GBXL + Intel Core i7 3770

should work?

thanks again

Comment

Yes should be no problem w/ the 3770, if you do run into any problems give us a shoult, but when you get the 3770, just make sure you have the latest BIOS before you install it, then should pretty much be plug and play

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X