No announcement yet.

Can I use my G.Skill RAM in this Mobo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use my G.Skill RAM in this Mobo?

I was going to bukid a new 'puter around the AMD APU A10 5800K......then decided to go to Intel for a BIG Change and started buying what I figured I needed one was 16GB (2x8MB)1866 DDR3F33-1866C10D-16GAB; this was definitely AOK for the 1155 Mobos' I was researching..............BUT.............now I am seriously thinking about going back to original plan to use AMD APU and my mobo of preference for that is the Gigabyte F2485X-UP4.......but at the Gig. mobo site the afore mentioned G.Skill Memory is not one they have tested and thus it is not in their list of known compatible memory.
    I see on the GSkill site that they doo say that this memory is compatible with AMD AM3 and F1 APU's [did not even know there were F1 APUs] The mobo I name above uses the F2 or FM2 slot NOT F!.

Can someone PLEASE advise me as to whether this memory is more than likely compatible with the AMD mobo I may purchase???

THANK YOU, michael

Is the mobo the GA-F2A85X-UP4, if so then yes. As far as mobo QVLs, might look at my info thread here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Put simply, they basically test with whatever is available at the time and within the time constraints put on them

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

THANKS - that's a relief! Now I can probably stop spinning my wheels on ALL those more expensive decisions I was trying to make to go INTEL to mainly get PCIe 3.0.......will never know the difference w/o it, I'm sure, if I just go with the simpler and less expensive AMD route with APU A10-5800K.

TKS michael

Comment

Let us know what you think

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X