Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32gigs Rip Jaw and Z77

Hello all,

I have just ordered parts for a gaming rig I am building and one of the requirements of this build is to have 32gigs of memory and the latest i7 cpu. The motherboard I chose is a Asrock Extreme3 Z77. I went with the G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9Q-32GBXL.

I know in the past getting 4 1.5v dimms to work with certain motherboards can be a bit tricky. I chose Gskill because I have 16gigs (2X8) running smoothly on another i7 Sandy Bridge Asrock motherboard.

I haven't really been able to find much on the net about anyone running a similar motherboard/memory setup. Can anyone here foresee any potential issues with getting this memory working without hassle? I know I haven't even received my parts yet but I figured I would fish in here while I wait. Thanks.

(1) Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Full Tower Case w/ USB 3.0, Black Interior and Four Fans. Black Interior and Red Themed Front 230mm Fan. (Picture Attached)

(1) Intel Core i7 3770K Ivy Bridge Processor.

(1) Z77 Extreme LGA 1155 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard.

(1) G.Skill Ripjaw X Series (4X8GB=32GB) DDR3 1333 Memory

(2) EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 660 X 2 in SLI GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0X16 Video Card (Picture Attached)

(1) Corsair SLI Ready 80 Plus Gold Certified 850w Power Supply

(1) Seagate 1TB 7200RPM 6Gb/s Hard Drive

(1) DVD/RW Disk Drive

(1) Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM
    My Website: http://www.TimsComputerFix.net

Let us know how it goes, shouldn't really be any problem, but if it is, it will prob be in the advanced/secondary timings, we can help straighten that out

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Cool thanks. I will let you know.

Comment

We'll be waiting

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

So I have received all the parts I need for this build. I always do a "out of the box boot" when I receive new motherboard with new parts. With just the motherboard with the cpu and heatsinc installed laid out on my bench I installed 2X8 gig sticks and the vid card, psu, keyboard and monitor. Powered her up and joy! 16 gigs running at 1333 w/ 1.5v.
          From this point I powered down and installed the other 2X8 gig sticks so now all four slots are populated. Powered it up and joy again! Running at least in the BIOS 32gigs 4X8 gig sticks at 1.5v of Gskill. Now, I will continue on with the build and I will keep my fingers crossed that after I have windows installed everything will remain stable.

I will post back with the results.... Thanks

Comment

We'll be here

Tman

Comment

UPDATE:

Everything is up and running now. All four sticks of Gskill are running like a champ. 32Gigs of memory running on a Asrock motherboard. I am happy to see the days of issues when running 4 1.5v sticks of memory on motherboards are in the past. At least this is not a issue with these Gskill memory modules and this motherboard. Thank you Gskill and thank you Tradesman.

Comment

Glad to hear all went well keep in touch!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X