Choosing rams for GA-P43T-ES3G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing rams for GA-P43T-ES3G

Good day, my name is Robert and i have a little question.

Im thinking in buying a new motherboard with DDR3 support, i have in sight the P43T-ES3G from Gigabyte, and im thinking in buying any of this rams of 1600mhz to use with the motherboard:

- GSKILL TRIDENT DDR3 12800CL8D 2x2GB (this is my first option)
    - GSKILL RIPJAWAR DDR3 12800CL7D 2x2GB
    - GSKILL RIPJAWAR DDR3 12800CL8D 2x2GB
    - GSKILL RIPJAWAR DDR3 12800CL9D 2x2GB

Bit i have been researching a bit and i have found in here (Qualified Vendors List of memory of the GA-P43T-ES3G), that, for example, the GSKILL TRIDENT DDR3 12800CL8D appears below P43T-ES3G DDR3 1600 ( downgrade to DDR3 1333).

- This means that the memory will only work at 1333 mhz? (I need it to get it work at 1600mhz, with a Core 2 Duo E8200 with a little OC, moving the base to 400 mhz instead of 333)

- There are other rams that will work at 1600mhz with this motherboard?

Thanks for the attention, and sry for my english, it's not perfect!
    Last edited by Robert.-; 06-24-2010, 06:10 AM.

DDR3-1600 may require some over-volting the Northbridge, so they can not support it. That is why they state DDR3-1333, but as you know, if you set CPU FSB to 400, you should be able to reach DDR3-1600.

The Trident is a very nice kit, most DDR3-1600 kits will work with that motherboard.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

New build question

I read the earlier post about the ddr3-1600 ram to use on this board. I am also looking for a new build using this board and the following:

G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1333 F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR kit X 2 for a total of 16GB or ram
      Intel Q9400 quad core
      ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
      Zalman CPU cooling fan
      Windows 7 pro 64 bit version
      650W PSU (don't remember the brand)
      2 Seagate 500MB 7200 rpm Caviar HD's

I've not done any OC'ing before and have only used Intel boards before. So, I have limited experience tweaking the bios settings and any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
      Gigabyte GA-P43T-ES3G LGA 775 mother board
      Intel Q9400 quad core
      16 GB G. SKill Sniper DDR3-1333 Ram
      ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB graphics card

Comment

If possible I'd go w/ a 16GB kit, that way they are pre-tested to work together, taking two separate sets, you take the chance of them not being fully compatible. At 1333 should be able to run 16GB w/out any real problem

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

16GB ram kit

I just got the two kits from Newegg today, appearently the last ones, for 79.00 each. the 16 gb kit was almost 200 bucks.. i'm hoping that i won't see any problems with these sets, but i'll let you guys know if i do.
          Intel Q9400 quad core

Comment

Let us know, we'll be around

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

any suggestions on bios settings?
              Intel Q9400 quad core

Comment

Start by making sure the base timings are read right, if not, enter them manually, set the DRAM Voltage to sticks spec, set CR to 2 (if not already there by default) and see if any problems.....if so when you get back, it would help if you post your BIOS settings

Tman

Comment

Can you tell me if I'll have much of a heat problem on the NB with the 16 gb or ram I plan on installing? I'm adding a cpu cooler, but didn't get a chipset cooler..
                  Intel Q9400 quad core

Comment

Not that should effect anything adversely

Tman

Comment

New ram running great.

Good news!!

I received the motherboard today and had it up and running in a little over an hour. I was able to put these sticks in and start up without any problems at all. The Bios recognized the timings, size and voltage without any help from me, that's a good thing. I can't wait to throw some light overclocking at the cpu and see how this ram responds!

thanks G. Skill

on another note. I've read elsewhere that a guy was able to change the clock speeds to 5-5-5-18 with voltage on auto and it run fine.. that seems like a stretch..
                      Intel Q9400 quad core

Comment

Glad to hear running good, as to the 5-5-5-18, it does sound a bit odd, maybe a typo, you could play w/ settings and try different things, but if you do, before you start, suggest writing down these stable settings you have

Tman

Comment

not so good

Well, I'm having some real difficulties with the overclocking! I can't post on anything over 1333 no matter what I try. I can't even OC my cpu past 400 mhz at stock timing, but it will go to 415 if I lower the ram to 800 mhz. I've tried to boost the dram voltage up .1 but didn't go any higher. I'm not having any heat issues with the ram, the sticks are warm but not hot and the NB is only slightly hotter. Any ideas?
                          Intel Q9400 quad core

Comment

Hi, I to am having a battle with a gigabyte p45t board and I thought I'd throw in some suggestions that I have tried.

(side note don't leave the pci bus on auto set it to 100 if your upping the fsb)

Manually select the slowest ram speed using the strap and multis and make sure the CPU is stable at 400fsb with the ram at stock voltage, to rule out the CPU

Then In the MIT section:-

Try Memory boost set to standard and turbo, I have had instances where one worked the other didn't and vice versa.

Use only 1 stick of ram in each slot and see if you can post @400fsb with the ram strap and multi on auto, if that fails put the ram back in slot 1 and try each multi on the 400mhz strap then 333mhz etc just in slot one but if your OCD (like me lol) you can try every slot on every setting but its not necessary.

After you tried that then you can try to bump voltages on your NB and your ram if you feel comfortable. Make sure you have something in windows restore thats current as you can ( and I have ) corrupt data as it goes though ram that is unstable.

Good luck and I'll be watching for settings I can try LOL

Comment

I did put the PCI bus to 100, and I did play with the ram settings some. I lowered it to 800 mhz and set the timing to 5-5-5-15 (sounds crazy but i read elsewhere that they worked) and it posted ok at 400 mhz fsb. I haven't tried anything higher yet, i'll keep track of what i've done and post it here for ya.
                              Intel Q9400 quad core

Comment

Working...
                              X