No announcement yet.

F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK x 2 & GA-EP45-UD3P problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeh thats what i cant understand why it is good one minute and not the next.
    i have asked gigabyte about bios udpate and some other information.

i have the rma from newegg, so ill try out somemore ideas through the weekend here but if not then ill sent it have and get a different one or another brand.

any other ideas besides the mch down to 1.4??

Comment

Try to get all voltages spot on. Anything too low and too high could be causing all this.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

alright i took it all apart, cleared the cmos, remounted the chip, and put it all back together. made these changes:

Motherboard Voltage Control
        Voltage Type
        >>> CPU
        Load-Line Calibration [ENABLED]
        CPU Vcore...................1.350v....[1.375]
        CPU Termination...........1.200v....[1.260]
        CPU PLL......................1.500v....[1.500]
        CPU Reference.............0.760v....[0.768]

>>>MCH/ICH
        MCH Core............1.100v...[1.400]
        MCH Reference.....0.760v...[0.778]
        MCH/DRAM Ref.....0.900v...[1.010]
        ICH I/O...............1.500v...[1.570]
        ICH Core.............1.100v...[1.200]

>>> DRAM
        DRAM Voltage ..........1.800v...[2.120]
        DRAM Termination.....0.900v...[1.010]
        Channel A Reference..0.900v...[0.910]
        Channel B Reference..0.900v...[0.910]

rebooted out of bios with no prob.
        running prime95 small fft now see how it goes for a few hours.

wish me luck. lol

Comment

i think im goin to send it back and get this asus board: ASUS P5Q-E LGA 775 Intel P45
          unless gigabyte starts answering my tech support questions and gets me something quick.

any known issues with the f2-8500cl5d-4gbpk and P5Q-E??

Comment

gigabyte wants me to to ask you to exchange my ram for true PC8500 memory.

Comment

bump bump
              any ideas?

Comment

anyone have any experience with this ram on an evga board??
                EVGA 113-YW-E115-TR

Comment

Fluctuating PSU might explain it - any chance of trying w/ a different power supply?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanks
                    i already sent the board back, though.
                    i am on the hunt for a new supply as well. got either?

Comment

Got all sorts of things, but most anything I have you can get through NewEgg, basically for less. They pay alot less for shipping than you or I would pay (and often free). I don't really buy components in enough quantity to get any real breaks....occasionally I'll pick things up direct from manufacturers for free or next to nothing, but not real often, basically to beta test or review.

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

P5Q-E is definitely compatible.

GSKILL SUPPORT
                        Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 01-08-2010, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dbazley View Post
                          i think im goin to send it back and get this asus board: ASUS P5Q-E LGA 775 Intel P45
                          unless gigabyte starts answering my tech support questions and gets me something quick.

any known issues with the f2-8500cl5d-4gbpk and P5Q-E??
                          the same issues you were getting with this mobo, i have with corsair ram as well when trying to use all four slots. hate to tell ya, but i jumped over to this gigabyte board from the p5q-se hoping to resolve those same problems.

Comment

Just got 4th GIGABYTE RMA label from UPS their sending me a brand new board "not a refurbished 1 this time .Now if Gskill could let me send this Ram back F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK and exchange and pay the difference for RAM that gigabyte tests on their boards which is the F2-8500CL5D-4GBPQ "its big brother" that would make me happy and solve the problems .Gigabyte supervisor talked to the tech supervisor and gave me the models of gskill ram they are testing with my board"EP45-UD3P" rev1.6 . and this model is the closest to what i bought F2-8500CL5D-4GBPQ DDR2 1066... Gskill help me out you RAM configurator wasn't working when i bought this i had no way to check it first.. Let me switch models i can pay the difference no problem.
                            Last edited by pliskin28; 01-05-2010, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Don't bother that board doesn't work right with that RAM. I have exact same MB and RAM with Q9600 proc. stock speeds no OC at all,and mine was a ***** to get 2 work and only will run 1 stick in the 2 slot nothing else .Never got dual channel 2 work. RMA'd board 3 times RAM twice still same problems. I had reboot problem too...Mine is working now with 1 stick .2 sticks almost corrupted my OS ,would boot but system didn't respond at all internet wouldn't even try to run,constant crashes.

Comment

I had that same promlem with pc too same board and memory with a Q9400 proc.After calling gskill and doing what they told me "trying to get dual channel to work ,i can only use 1 stick either stick there both good" My pc kept rebooting right after windows loaded ,my old settings that use to work wouldn't anymore 1 stick wouldn't even work.Had to RMA my board .Basicly that combination of ram and board don't play nice and screwing with all the voltages may cause more harm than good.sell 1 of them ."The techs can't tell you that though or the'll lose their job.

Comment

Working...
                                X