Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Trident Z RGB Software] Clean Uninstall Guide (for v1.06.68)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Trident Z RGB Software] Clean Uninstall Guide (for v1.06.68)

Trident Z RGB software may not be fully uninstalled from time to time, possibly from rebooting before clicking "Finish" or interference from other software, causing software issues in subsequent installations.

This guide is for a deep clean for the Trident Z RGB software (specifically, v1.06.68). Please read each step carefully and follow each step in order. If a folder or file is not found at the specified location, then it's likely to be already removed by the standard uninstall process.

Step 1: Go to "Add/Remove Programs" in Control Panel, and uninstall the G.SKILL Trident Z RGB software. Make sure to complete the uninstall process and click "Finish" to complete the uninstall.

>> REBOOT after the uninstall. <<

Step 2: Open Task Manager, Go to "Services" tab, Find "LightingService", Right click on it and choose "Stop". (If on Windows 7, then go to the "Run…" dialog and type in "services.msc").

Step 3: Delete the following directories:

C:\Program Files\ASUS
    C:\Program Files\G.SKILL International Enterprise
    C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS
    C:\Program Files (x86)\G.SKILL International Enterprise
    C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService

Step 4: Use a registry cleaner (such as CCleaner) and clean the registry for any missing or residual entries.

>> REBOOT after cleaning the registry. <<

Step 5: Go to C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\ and check the following directories, and you are looking for the file inside the folder.

If you cannot find this directory, please open "File Explorer Options" (or Folder Options), go to the "View" tab, and under "Hidden files and folders", choose "Show hidden files, folders, and drives". You can come back to this option location afterwards to revert the setting.

If the directory does not exist, then no action is required.

If the directory and file exists, right click on the file and choose "Uninstall". If the option to "Uninstall" does not exist, then choose to "Run as Administrator" and choose to uninstall when prompted. If it asks to install, then click "Cancel". After the above steps, you can delete the file if it does not remove itself after the uninstall process.

C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{0E536061-3B55-4D45-BF58-0BDA261C94B0}v3.02.24
    >> "AuraServiceSetup.msi"
    C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{46EEF4E1-2117-4D64-A953-F1DE092495EB}v1.00.10
    >> "AacSetup.msi"
    C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{4961d0dd-74e6-4696-abce-8f69a5badc6a}
    >> "AacSetup.exe"
    C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{548dd834-70c5-4426-8065-fbeabdd2bb5d}
    >> "GlckIODrvSetup.exe"
    C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{5960FD0F-BB3B-49AF-B175-F77DC91E995A}v1.0.10
    >> "DrvSetup.msi"
    C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{9a2e950f-6116-4c9f-a3ca-1f907a52747e}
    >> "AuraServiceSetup.exe"
    C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{CF8E6E00-9C03-4440-81C0-21FACB921A6B}v3.02.06
    >> "SdkSetup.msi"

Step 6: Shut down, turn off the PSU manually to cut power, wait 15-30 for the power to drain, then turn the PSU back on, boot into Windows, and then run the software installer for Trident Z RGB.

The Trident Z RGB modules should light up in default rainbow wave mode during boot. If it does not, then there may be a hardware issue. For hardware issues, please contact techsupport@gskill.com (International), ustech@gskillusa.com (North/South America), or eurotech@gskill.com (Europe) for further support.
    Last edited by G.SKILL; 02-05-2020, 12:45 AM.

For those of you who are having trouble with Aura Sync software conflicts because it's not uninstalling completely, you can try the following steps to clear out old driver files that might be causing software conflcits.

NOTE: This is not a universal solution for all lighting control software problems, but it may help with cases like "it stopped working after i updated the software" or "it stopped working after i installed this other software". It's also recommended to contact ASUS either by email or through their forums to get help and support for the Aura software.

Also, this guide applies to only recent versions of ASUS Aura Sync. The software itself may be redesigned to work differently in the future. As a reference, the software versions at the time this guide was written is 1.06.95, 1.07.22, 1.07.22.1, and 1.07.35.

The guide to give ASUS Aura Sync software a deep clean:

Step 1. Uninstall ASUS Aura from "Add or remove programs"

Open the Start menu and type in "add remove" and "Add or remove programs" should appear. Click and open it. In the list of programs, find ASUS Aura Sync and uninstall the software.

After uninstalling the software, reboot the system.

Step 2. Removing installed files from C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\ that Windows "Add or remove program" did not remove.

Go to C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\ and check each directory one by one. The folders should be a long string of numbers and letters, such as "{0E536061-3B55-4D45-BF58-0BDA261C94B0}v1.00.95" or "{8d86889e-0e55-43e5-82c4-7740083e2ac3}". There will be a lot of folders. Unfortunately, the folders are different for each version of Aura Sync, so it'll be very hard to provide a full list of the folder names.

You are looking for file names with "AacSetup" or "Aac**something**Setup" in *.msi or *.exe file formats in each of the folders. Other files we need to uninstall are "SdkSetup.msi", "DrvSetup.msi", "GlckIODrvSetup.exe", "AuraServiceSetup.exe", or "AuraServiceSetup.msi", but if they don't exist, then it has already been removed by Windows' "Add or remove programs".

If it is a *.msi file, right click on it and choose "Uninstall". Choose "Yes" when asked if you want to uninstall the product. Once that's done, delete the file and the directory, and then move on to the next folder.

If it is a *.exe file, right click on it and choose "Run as Administrator", and then click on "Uninstall" when prompted. During this uninstall process, it should automatically remove the *.exe file. Delete the directory and move on to the next folder.

If the directory has a "packages" folder or any other names not related to Aura, leave it alone. Do not do anything and move on to the next folder.

After going through all the folders in C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\, make sure you've clicked on "Close" on the uninstall dialogs, and reboot the system.

Step 3. Rejoice

At this point, the driver files that's causing software conflicts should be gone. Install the latest version, a previous version, or do a reinstall of the software.

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
      For those of you who are having trouble with Aura Sync software conflicts because it's not uninstalling completely, you can try the following steps to clear out old driver files that might be causing software conflcits.

NOTE: This is not a universal solution for all lighting control software problems, but it may help with cases like "it stopped working after i updated the software" or "it stopped working after i installed this other software". It's also recommended to contact ASUS either by email or through their forums to get help and support for the Aura software.

Also, this guide applies to only recent versions of ASUS Aura Sync. The software itself may be redesigned to work differently in the future. As a reference, the software versions at the time this guide was written is 1.06.95, 1.07.22, 1.07.22.1, and 1.07.35.

The guide to give ASUS Aura Sync software a deep clean:

Step 1. Uninstall ASUS Aura from "Add or remove programs"

Open the Start menu and type in "add remove" and "Add or remove programs" should appear. Click and open it. In the list of programs, find ASUS Aura Sync and uninstall the software.

After uninstalling the software, reboot the system.

Step 2. Removing installed files from C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\ that Windows "Add or remove program" did not remove.

Go to C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\ and check each directory one by one. The folders should be a long string of numbers and letters, such as "{0E536061-3B55-4D45-BF58-0BDA261C94B0}v1.00.95" or "{8d86889e-0e55-43e5-82c4-7740083e2ac3}". There will be a lot of folders. Unfortunately, the folders are different for each version of Aura Sync, so it'll be very hard to provide a full list of the folder names.

You are looking for file names with "AacSetup" or "Aac**something**Setup" in *.msi or *.exe file formats in each of the folders. Other files we need to uninstall are "SdkSetup.msi", "DrvSetup.msi", "GlckIODrvSetup.exe", "AuraServiceSetup.exe", or "AuraServiceSetup.msi", but if they don't exist, then it has already been removed by Windows' "Add or remove programs".

If it is a *.msi file, right click on it and choose "Uninstall". Choose "Yes" when asked if you want to uninstall the product. Once that's done, delete the file and the directory, and then move on to the next folder.

If it is a *.exe file, right click on it and choose "Run as Administrator", and then click on "Uninstall" when prompted. During this uninstall process, it should automatically remove the *.exe file. Delete the directory and move on to the next folder.

If the directory has a "packages" folder or any other names not related to Aura, leave it alone. Do not do anything and move on to the next folder.

After going through all the folders in C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\, make sure you've clicked on "Close" on the uninstall dialogs, and reboot the system.

Step 3. Rejoice

At this point, the driver files that's causing software conflicts should be gone. Install the latest version, a previous version, or do a reinstall of the software.
      Doing all of the above hasn't worked for a lot of us (irrespective of G.Skill Trident Z build) the following solution worked for me and I encourage others to try it and report their findings:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pro...-and-reinstall

"If we could get this sticked if others find that it works for them, which I'm willing to bet it will, that would be great. Also, I highly recommend disabling RGB Fusion after it gets the RGB's on your mobo doing their assigned color cycle scheme (Ctrl+Alt+Esc > find RGBFusion.exe and then kill process). It's not needed to sustain a given RGB profile, and it has other serious problems, such as preventing the display from going to sleep. I would recommend uninstalling it completely as it's definitely the cause of the problems with G.Skill Trident Z software (I didn't have this issue with "No modules found on this computer with an older version of RGB Fusion, at least not as often) but I'm using it because one of my addressable RGB's, an EK reservoir, is overly bright and looks out of place unless I use RGB Fusion to turn down the brightness.

Copied from my post here: http://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pro...ninstall%C2%A0

Great news!

I figured out how to deal with this issue! And to pat myself on the back, I figured this out mostly on my own (with some help from Google)

The issue is that this program needs to be force uninstalled, to do so I used a program called IOBit Uninstaller:

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/det..._portable.html

There was another issue after using the program where I couldn't reinstall G.Skill Trident Z software and was getting an error that some folder associated with some unknown process was interfering:

"An installation support file 'C:\Users\XXXVUL~\AppData\Local\Temp\{7D0C0C2B-7660-4463-A29A-150C45cAA287}\isrt.dll' could not be installed.

Access is denied."

I then attempted to navigate to that location and delete said folder manually, but was unable to do so for whatever reason and was receiving the same error above when attempting to. Very bizarre. I then intuited rather correctly that if I were to simply restart the PC in safe mode that I could accomplish deleting the folder as then whatever program that was interfering, would not be active.

To do this on Win 10, press Windows Key, then type "msconfig", select "System Configuration" > Boot and check the Safe Boot box under Boot Options. Then press Win+X then U then R to restart the PC.

Now, and this step is only assuming youre also experiencing the same problem above, navigate to C: > Users > Your User Name > AppData > Local > Temp > and then find that same folder and delete it.

Next, open CCleaner and analyze and fix all registry errors while still in safe mode, do this a few times until no entries remain.

Next, go back into System Configuration and uncheck Safe Boot under Boot Options, then restart the PC and you should be able to reinstall G.Skill Trident Z software!

I was absolutely elated that I had managed to figure this out, I had followed all of the steps here (http://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pro...e-for-v1-06-68) and even opened a ticket with G.Skill and had a rather lengthy exchange about this issue.

Best of luck!"
      Last edited by vulcan78; 01-31-2019, 11:29 PM.

Comment

vulcan78,

Thanks for your input. The first two posts of this thread is aimed toward issues with our software or Aura software, resulting from software conflicts after multiple reinstalls, which may cause the modules to be not detected or uncontrollable. So the steps help fully clean out the installed drivers or system files that were not removed during the install/uninstall processes.

Based on your steps, using Gigabyte RGB Fusion in conjunction may or may not be another source of issue, but we won't go into that as it'll complicate things. We'd like to address the file you referred to under %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Temp\{7D0C0C2B-7660-4463-A29A-150C45cAA287}\isrt.dll, which is an InstallShield file that is created during the install or uninstallation process. We've ran through a few test runs on our test platforms, and can confirm that as long as the installation or uninstallation process is completed, the file will be properly removed automatically. This means you should click "OK" or "Finish" in the last install/uninstall dialog window, and reboot when instructed to do so. If you don't click "OK" or "Finish" to complete the install/uninstall, then the isrt.dll file may not be properly removed. In this case, the installer or uninstaller was likely stuck running in the background, which is why the folder or file couldn't be deleted manually.

In regards to uninstalling, the standard recommendation is to use either the Windows Add/Remove Program or executing the "Setup.exe" installer file of the program (which will prompt an uninstall if it detects the software). If you're using a third party uninstaller, quite a few uninstallers require installation before using them, so we usually shy away from those programs. Portable uninstallers (i.e. does not need installation) such as Geek Uninstaller can be considered as an alternative. Our recommendation is still to use "Add/Remove Program" or using the original "Setup.exe" to uninstall.

In any case, we do hope that your steps may help those who run into similar issues with incomplete installation/uninstallation. So we appreciate the time you took to type up your steps. Thanks!

TL;DR Make sure to click "OK" or "Finish" to properly complete the installation or uninstallation process. Also make sure to reboot afterwards. Otherwise, the install or uninstall process might not properly complete and you'll have leftover files that may cause problems in subsequent installs.

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
          vulcan78,

Thanks for your input. The first two posts of this thread is aimed toward issues with our software or Aura software, resulting from software conflicts after multiple reinstalls, which may cause the modules to be not detected or uncontrollable. So the steps help fully clean out the installed drivers or system files that were not removed during the install/uninstall processes.

Based on your steps, using Gigabyte RGB Fusion in conjunction may or may not be another source of issue, but we won't go into that as it'll complicate things. We'd like to address the file you referred to under %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Temp\{7D0C0C2B-7660-4463-A29A-150C45cAA287}\isrt.dll, which is an InstallShield file that is created during the install or uninstallation process. We've ran through a few test runs on our test platforms, and can confirm that as long as the installation or uninstallation process is completed, the file will be properly removed automatically. This means you should click "OK" or "Finish" in the last install/uninstall dialog window, and reboot when instructed to do so. If you don't click "OK" or "Finish" to complete the install/uninstall, then the isrt.dll file may not be properly removed. In this case, the installer or uninstaller was likely stuck running in the background, which is why the folder or file couldn't be deleted manually.

In regards to uninstalling, the standard recommendation is to use either the Windows Add/Remove Program or executing the "Setup.exe" installer file of the program (which will prompt an uninstall if it detects the software). If you're using a third party uninstaller, quite a few uninstallers require installation before using them, so we usually shy away from those programs. Portable uninstallers (i.e. does not need installation) such as Geek Uninstaller can be considered as an alternative. Our recommendation is still to use "Add/Remove Program" or using the original "Setup.exe" to uninstall.

In any case, we do hope that your steps may help those who run into similar issues with incomplete installation/uninstallation. So we appreciate the time you took to type up your steps. Thanks!

TL;DR Make sure to click "OK" or "Finish" to properly complete the installation or uninstallation process. Also make sure to reboot afterwards. Otherwise, the install or uninstall process might not properly complete and you'll have leftover files that may cause problems in subsequent installs.
          Thanks for the feedback and the clarification as to what that temp folder is, on my end I did not receive a prompt to click OK or Finish with an automatic restart, the installer may have been stuck in the background. As for this fix only pertaining to 1.06.68, these instructions were the exact same instructions for a "deep clean" removal of G.Skill I received from a member of your team and I'm on 1.00.28. I'm not the only one not on 1.06.68 with this issue, apparently it's a rather common problem where we can't completely uninstall the software, it lingers around under Programs and Features and any attempt to reinstall it results in being asked whether or not we would like to completely remove the program an all of it's features when we attempt to click on setup.exe, and this is in Admin mode and having unpaced and unblocked the .rar file:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pro...ninstall%C2%A0

In pursuit of helping others with this issue, and increasing awareness among G.Skill technical staff of the ubiquity of this issue I will duplicate in full my email exchange with your technical staff where I was advised to do the same protocol of removing 1.06.68 with 1.00.28, to no avail. Before I continue, I would like to clear up the fact that I tried EVERYTHING, and have been dealing with this issue for months, and although it's dealt with now, it's a temporary fix as the problem ALWAYS returns. But now, I know how to deal with it. As far as the advice for not force uninstalling and not trusting software, I'm using a portable version of IOBit Uninstaller, which is mentioned in the comment section of the link to the original download I provided at the very end. I will go back and replace the link for that download with the link for the portable version.

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/det..._portable.html

To tech support:

G.Skill Trident Z software now doesn't actually uninstall so I cannot reinstall said software. Clicking on setup.exe only asks me "would you like to remove the software and associated components?". I've uninstalled via Control Panel and have deleted the files and folders associated with G.Skill and still have this problem. I've never seen this problem before.

I'm on BIOS F6 for Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, one of the newer BIOS, only a few months old but not the latest (I have stability issues with F7, the latest for 8700k).

How do I uninstall this so I can reinstall it so I can control the color of the memory.

Really really disapponted with this software, honestly if I knew that controlling the color of this DRAM was difficult I would've opted for something faster for the same price. This is ridiculous. Please fix your ****ing crap G.Skill

Dear Customer,

May we confirm if you are using v1.06.68?

If yes, please try the steps 1-3 below, which should allow your system install the software again.

Step 1: Open Task Manager, Go to "Services" tab, Find "LightingService", Right click on it and choose "Stop".

Step 2: Delete the following directories:

Step 3: Use a registry cleaner and clean the registry. Reboot after this step.

Please let us know the results and we will see how we can further assist you.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Best Regards

Tech Support Team

G.SKILL International Enterprise Co., Ltd.
          8F No. 69 DongXing Rd., Xinyi District
          Taipei City, 11070 Taiwan (R.O.C.)
          +886 2 2766-7889
          http://www.gskill.us/forum/

To Tech Support:

I'm on 1.00.28, I've done all of the steps that you've suggested. If I take the contents of "Trident Z RGB Control V.100.28" and unpack them into an empty folder on the desktop and run "setup.exe" as an administrator I am only given the option "Confirm Uninstall: Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its components?"

This is after I navigated to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall a Program and noticed that even after deleting all of the folders you had asked me to that G.Skil.exe was still among the list of installed programs, and attempting to uninstall it there does nothing as well.

I did try v1.06.68 at one point, but the PC is indicating that the current version that is installed is 1.00.28, at least according to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall a Program.

I've cleaned the registry, and triple checked it against new entries via CCleaner and then rebooted after I deleted all of the folders you listed.

Maybe the problem is that I tried 1.06.68 and that has gummed up the system really bad, confusing it with the former version of itself?

I don't know.

I'm on Windows 10 1703 and I'm running F6 BIOS on Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 7.

I'm extremely frustrated and disappointed with this software. I really do not wish to resorting to reinstalling windows just to fix this ****. Please fix your ****ing piece of **** software. I've had nothing but problems with this. If I could go back in time I absolutely would not have purchased your product and youre losing my confidence as a future customer.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for the information provided.

Below are instructions for a deep clean of the Trident Z RGB software. This includes removing the program files, registry cleaning (w/ a third party software), and setup file removal that may not be fully removed by the uninstaller or Add/Remove Programs. Some files may not exist, since they may already be removed by the standard uninstaller.

For us to further assist you, Please try the following:

Step 1: Open Task Manager, Go to "Services" tab, Find "LightingService", Right click on it and choose "Stop". (If on Windows 7, then go to the “Run…” dialog and type in “services.msc”)

Step 3: Use a registry cleaner and clean the registry. Shut down and start up system (cold boot) after this step.

Note: For a registry cleaner, you can try CCleaner or something similar.
          Note: Usually, after Step 3, users can properly reinstall the software. If it doesn’t, repeat Steps 1-3 and continue with Step 4.
          Note: The following Step 4 only applies to v1.06.68. It may be different in future updates.

Advanced Steps for Stray Setup Package Removal

Step 4: Go to C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\ and check the following directories.

If the directory and file exists, right click on the file and choose "Uninstall". If the option to "Uninstall" does not exist, then choose to "Run as Administrator" and choose to uninstall when prompted. If it asks to install, then click "Cancel". After the above steps, you can delete the file if it does not remove itself after the uninstall process.

>> "AacSetup.msi"
          >> "AacSetup.exe"
          >> "GlckIODrvSetup.exe"
          >> "DrvSetup.msi"
          >> "SdkSetup.msi"

=============
          If you have installed ASUS Aura before and is having software conflict, please uninstall ASUS Aura through the Windows Add/Remove Program, clean the registry, and then go to C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\ and look into all of the directories and check if it has any of the following file names, and follow the uninstall/removal steps above. These files should be located only in the first level of the directory, and should not be in any sub-directories.

“AuraServiceSetup.msi”
          “AacSetup.msi”
          “AacSetup.exe”
          “GlckIODrvSetup.exe”
          "AuraServiceSetup.exe"
          "DrvSetup.msi"
          =============

Step 5: Shut down, turn off the PSU manually to cut power, wait 15-30 for the power to drain, then turn the PSU back on, boot into Windows, and then run the software installer for Trident Z RGB.

The Trident Z RGB modules should light up in default rainbow wave mode during boot. If it does not, then there may be a hardware issue.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Tech Support Team

+886 2 2766-7889

To Tech Support:

Step 1: Open Task Manager, Go to "Services" tab, Find "LightingService", Right click on it and choose "Stop". (If on Windows 7, then go to the “Run…” dialog and type in “services.msc”)

C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService"

None of these directories are present and LightingService.exe is not running among list of processes!

Step 3: Use a registry cleaner and clean the registry. Shut down and start up system (cold boot) after this step.

Note: For a registry cleaner, you can try CCleaner or something similar.

I've done this, 3-5 times already!

Step 4: Go to C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\ and check the following directories.

>> "AacSetup.msi"
          >> "AacSetup.exe"
          >> "GlckIODrvSetup.exe"
          >> "DrvSetup.msi"

>> "SdkSetup.msi"

I've navigated to C:/ProgramData/PackageCache and have checked all of the directories all the way down to the very end, none of these entries exist!

If you have installed ASUS Aura before and is having software conflict, please uninstall ASUS Aura through the Windows Add/Remove Program, clean the registry, and then go to C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\ and look into all of the directories and check if it has any of the following file names, and follow the uninstall/removal steps above. These files should be located only in the first level of the directory, and should not be in any sub-directories.

“AuraServiceSetup.msi”
          “AacSetup.msi”
          “AacSetup.exe”
          “GlckIODrvSetup.exe”
          "AuraServiceSetup.exe"
          "DrvSetup.msi"

None of these exist either!

Step 5: Shut down, turn off the PSU manually to cut power, wait 15-30 for the power to drain, then turn the PSU back on, boot into Windows, and then run the software installer for Trident Z RGB.

The Trident Z RGB modules should light up in default rainbow wave mode during boot. If it does not, then there may be a hardware issue.

I've done this a dozen times, I just completely powered down the PC and disconnected the power from the PSU last night to upgrade the power cables to some CableMod ones, making for probably the 4th or 5th time that the PC has been completely powered down with the PSU shut AFTER all of the above was done.

Hardware issue? My PC is fine, it's your memory that is the problem. How do I get a replacement set under RMA so I can try that?

I just checked under Control Panel > Uninstall a Program and G.Skill is still present (curiously it's icon is missing but the entry is still present). It doesn't matter what I do this will not go away.

I am not reinstalling Windows for this.

Dear Customer,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please follow the steps below to request RMA for your memory kit:

To request an RMA replacement under warranty, please visit our website and complete our online RMA Request Form (http://gskill.com/en/rma). After you have submitted the RMA Request form, your RMA will be sent to our RMA department for approval, and within 2 business days, you will receive an RMA number and shipping address for your replacement.

If you do not receive an RMA number in 2 business days, please contact our RMA department at rma@gskillusa.com (North and South America) or rma@gskill.com(International).

For more information about G.SKILL RMA and warranty, please visit http://gskill.com/en/warranty.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Tech Support Team

+886 2 2766-7889

To Tech Support:

After getting G.Skill Trident Z software to work again by way of restoring Windows to a System Image from 6 months ago the problem has cropped back up again, I believe it has to do with an incompatibility with Gigabyte's RGB Fusion software. Anyhow, after working for maybe a month the "No modules found on this computer" problem returned, and I attempted to uninstall and reinstall the software following the advice here and in another troubleshooting guide on the G.Skill forum and I'm back to square one where the software doesn't uninstall completely and when I click on setup.exe to reinstall it it asks me "Would you like to completely remove the program and it's components?".

So now I'm trying to force uninstall the software, I have downloaded IOBit Uninstaller and I'm using it right now and want to share the error I'm getting:

"An installation support file 'C:\Users\XXXVUL~\AppData\Local\Temp\{7D0C0C2B-7660-4463-A29A-150C45cAA287}\isrt.dll' could not be installed.

Access is denied."

I am going to try to manually delete this file but yeah, maybe this is part of the problem? Not sure.

To Tech Support:

Great news, and this may be a solution to other also experiencing this problem, here's the solution I've found, which I've also posted on your official forum. I highly recommend exploring this method and if found to be acceptable recommending it to others with this problem:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pro...ninstall%C2%A0

Great news!

I figured out how to deal with this issue! And to pat myself on the back, I figured this out mostly on my own (with some help from Google)

The issue is that this program needs to be force uninstalled, to do so I used a program called IOBit Uninstaller:https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/det...installer.html

There was another issue after using the program where I couldn't reinstall G.Skill Trident Z software and was getting an error that some folder associated with some unknown process was interfering:

Access is denied."

I then attempted to navigate to that location and delete said folder manually, but was unable to do so for whatever reason and was receiving the same error above when attempting to. Very bizarre. I then intuited rather correctly that if I were to simply restart the PC in safe mode that I could accomplish deleting the folder as then whatever program that was interfering, would not be active.

To do this on Win 10, press Windows Key, then type "msconfig", select "System Configuration" > Boot and check the Safe Startup Box. Then press Win+X then U then R to restart the PC. f

Now, and this step is only assuming youre also experiencing the same problem above, navigate to C: > Users > Your User Name > AppData > Local > Temp > and then find that same folder and delete it.

Next, restart the PC and you should be able to reinstall G.Skill Trident Z software!

I was absolutely elated that I had managed to figure this out, I had followed all of the steps here (http://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pro...e-for-v1-06-68) and even opened a ticket with G.Skill and had a rather lengthy exchange about this issue.

Best of luck!

Follow Up:

I also created a thread, if your team can duplicate the success of this solution I recommend stickying this:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pro...-and-reinstall

Comment

Working...
          X