G.Skill Trident Z RGB Software refuses to uninstall 

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill Trident Z RGB Software refuses to uninstall 

G.Skill Trident Z software now doesn't actually uninstall so I cannot reinstall said software. Clicking on setup.exe only asks me "would you like to remove the software and associated components?". I've uninstalled via Control Panel and have deleted the files and folders associated with G.Skill and still have this problem. I've never seen this problem before.

I'm on BIOS F6 for Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, one of the newer BIOS, only a few months old but not the latest (I have stability issues with F7, the latest for 8700k).

How do I uninstall this so I can reinstall it so I can control the color of the memory.

Really really disapponted with this software, honestly if I knew that controlling the color of this DRAM was difficult I would've opted for something faster for the same price. This is ridiculous. Please fix your ****ing crap G.Skill.

Same situation here... can't uninstall the software and can't reinstall either since I'm getting the same annoying message every time I try to do anything with any version of it.

I've even removed manually all folders related with G.Skill software and still impossible to remove completely and perform a clean install of the newest version... this really sucks,

Comment

Originally posted by Ataliano View Post
      Same situation here... can't uninstall the software and can't reinstall either since I'm getting the same annoying message every time I try to do anything with any version of it.

I've even removed manually all folders related with G.Skill software and still impossible to remove completely and perform a clean install of the newest version... this really sucks,
      Great news!

I figured out how to deal with this issue! And to pat myself on the back, I figured this out mostly on my own (with some help from Google)

The issue is that this program needs to be force uninstalled, to do so I used a program called IOBit Uninstaller:

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/det..._portable.html

There was another issue after using the program where I couldn't reinstall G.Skill Trident Z software and was getting an error that some folder associated with some unknown process was interfering:

"An installation support file 'C:\Users\XXXVUL~\AppData\Local\Temp\{7D0C0C2B-7660-4463-A29A-150C45cAA287}\isrt.dll' could not be installed.

Access is denied."

I then attempted to navigate to that location and delete said folder manually, but was unable to do so for whatever reason and was receiving the same error above when attempting to. Very bizarre. I then intuited rather correctly that if I were to simply restart the PC in safe mode that I could accomplish deleting the folder as then whatever program that was interfering, would not be active.

To do this on Win 10, press Windows Key, then type "msconfig", select "System Configuration" > Boot and check the Safe Boot box under Boot Options. Then press Win+X then U then R to restart the PC.

Now, and this step is only assuming youre also experiencing the same problem above, navigate to C: > Users > Your User Name > AppData > Local > Temp > and then find that same folder and delete it.

Next, open CCleaner and analyze and fix all registry errors while still in safe mode, do this a few times until no entries remain.

Next, go back into System Configuration and uncheck Safe Boot under Boot Options, then restart the PC and you should be able to reinstall G.Skill Trident Z software!

I was absolutely elated that I had managed to figure this out, I had followed all of the steps here (http://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pro...e-for-v1-06-68) and even opened a ticket with G.Skill and had a rather lengthy exchange about this issue.

Best of luck!
      Last edited by vulcan78; 01-31-2019, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X