Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH, in GB-P55-UD4P @ 1333 Mhz

Hi,

Just wondering what settings I need to run this ram at CL7, but at 1333mhz in a gigabyte-P55-UD4P (i7-860)

I have tried a few different settings, even tried 9-9-9-24 timings, but am constantly getting memtest errors.

Also is there a good way to tell if the Motherboard is at fault as opposed to the RAM? (Such as swapping the modules around and getting the same error address?)

Have tried:
    7-7-7-24, 1333mhz
    1.58v DRAM
    1.1v Vtt

9-9-9-24, 1333mhz
    1.58v DRAM
    1.1v Vtt

9-9-9-24, 1333mhz
    1.63v DRAM
    1.2v Vtt

AI Overclock Tuner - Manual
    CPU Ratio Setting - 18.0 for 2.80GHz
    BCLK Frequency - 133
    DRAM Frequency - DDR3-1333MHz

Fixed Voltage - 1.30V
    IMC Voltage - 1.20V
    DRAM Voltage - 1.50V
    CPU PLL Voltage - 1.90V

DRAM Timing Control (submenu)
    CAS Latency - 7
    RAS to CAS Delay - 7
    RAS PRE Time - 7
    RAS ACT Time - 24

DRAM Timing Mode - 2N
    All others can be AUTO

Try testing each stick individually, you may have a bad stick. You can also use memtest to test them.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Okay so I shouldn't even need more than 1.5v if I'm running 1333/CL7

Will try again with the above settings.

Is there some way to determine if it is the RAM and not the Motherboard slot that is causing the problem? (By looking at the failing address etc)?

Comment

Hi,

My default voltages are this, what needs to be changed?

CPU Vcore = 1.16875
        QPI/Vtt Voltage = 1.100
        PCH Core = 1.050
        CPU PLL = 1.800

DRAM Voltage = 1.500
        DRVAM Termination = 0.750

Do I need to change these? I'm not sure some of them how they match up with your above suggestions.

Also what is the equivalent of DRAM Timing mode on these gigabyte motherboards? The settings you have given above seems to be for a different motherboard.

Currently Command Rate (CMD) is set to auto (1)

Comment

Okay I've changed to this

CPU Vcore = 1.2000
          QPI/Vtt Voltage = 1.200
          PCH Core = 1.050
          CPU PLL = 1.900

DRAM Voltage = 1.500

7-7-7-24

Command Rate (CMD): 2

Does that look right? Wil run a memtest and see if I get errors with this setup.

Comment

Make sure you have the latest BIOS for your mobo.

Set the speed you want to try (either base 1600 or the 1333), timings at 7-7-7-24, voltage at 1.65 and you want the Command Rate at 2T or 2N however they show it, it's too tight to run at 1.

***Once booted, if stable you can work your way back down with the RAM voltage while maintaining stability.

****** If you chose to run at 1333 you can probably tightem up the timings

Comment

Thanks RamJam,

I have been running the system for a week very stable at all default settings (1.5v DRAM, Command Rate 1), with 7-7-7-24, but yesterday I had two bluescreens.

I have a friend running 24-7-7-7 (CMD 1) as well who hasn't had any crashes. Also at 1333mhz, 1.58v.

The main thing I want to know is what are the most basic, simplest settings that I can use that should be stable, that will tell me if the ram is faulty or not. Even if this means 9-9-9-24 and 1.5v.

I mean if I set it to 9-9-9-24, 1.5V, CMD 2, and the rest on default. Should I be getting any memtest errors?

Comment

Your settings look right. You should always test with stock rated specifications for the memory. If you have issues with your current settings, you'll want to test them individually to see which stick is bad. You should not have any issues runnning 1333 on that setup.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

ramjam

I'd say you're looking good, let it run for awhile and if it remains stable you could try tightening things up some to up the performance. It won't be anything you actually 'see' but will possibly show if you run benchmark programs

Comment

Okay well crashed again ..

This is my current setup
                    7-7-7-24 (CMD 2)
                    Vcore 1.2
                    Vtt 1.21
                    PLL 1.9v
                    DRAM 1.62v
                    1333mhz

I have tested the sticks separately, one of them always gives an error on Test #7 in memtest at 56.6 MB.

Does this mean the stick is faulty? It should run fine at those settings shouldn't it?

Sometimes it takes a few passes in memtest to show the error, but when it does it's always in the same spot.

Any suggestions?

Comment

What's your tRFC, may have to raise it.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Even if only stick is failing and the other isn't? Keep in mind im only running at 1333mhz as well.

Also my friend has the exact same ram in the UD5 motherboard, running the same timings, at default voltages, without any issues - except he has 8gig and I have 4gig.

Anyhow my tRFC is 74, what should it be?

Comment

Is it possible for a faulty graphics card to cause errors in memtest?

Comment

Might want to drop your tRFC to about 64-66 for 4GB.

As to the graphics card in Memtest yes it could, it could cause all different kinds of problems, even if it appears to be working. What appears to be a faulty GPU may also be a bad driver for the Graphics card and your particular mobo/GPU combo.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Okay I've ruled out the graphics card, same error occurs with different cards.

The error I'm getting is only on one memory module, and always occurs at the same address. So far it has happened at least on Test 4 and Test 7 in memtest.

Shouldn't this be enough to indicate the the stick is faulty?

I will try lowering the tRFC and see if it makes a difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X