making sure its running the way it suppose to be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making sure its running the way it suppose to be

I am new at this, just built my first pc and had fun doing it. I have the msi mpower mother board using the Intel 3770k and a asus gtx 570 graphics card. I put in the trident f3-2400 16 gig. it suppose to be running at cl10-12-12-31. I notice it was running at cl 9 9 9 24. I went in to bios turn on some setting reboot it and gave me the 10 12 12 31. my question is the dram freg is only 1072.3 mhz. is this right 667mhz. if not how can I fix it

Not sure what you are looking at, try downloading CPU-Z (free) and run it, look in the Memory tab - it will tell the current timings and DRAM freq (and remember it's DDR (DOUBLE Data Rate) so it will show true freq and need to take that times 2 to see effective freq)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I was just comparing the jedec#5 jedec#6 xmp2400 xmp 2400 on the cpu-z
      freq 685 761 1200 1200 MHz
      cas lan 9.0 10.0 10.0 10.0
      ras 9 10 13 13
      ras precharg 9 10 13 13
      tras 25 28 33 32
      trc 34 38 43 43
      command rate 2t 1t
      voltage 1.5 1.5 1.65 1.65
      other people in here have them set higher, just want to make sure my setting are correct.
      the number that has me thinking something is wrong is the max bandwidth that's showing up on the cpu z tab spd its showing 667mhz. is this correct.

Comment

What shows under Max Bandwidth in CPU-Z confuses most everyne, it's a misnomer I cover in one of my info threads under General Discussions. You can find it here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10565

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanks that did cleared lots things. I am just learning as I read these post in here. next stop overclock

Comment

We'll be here if you need any help

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X