Recover Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recover Data

My SSD Phoenix Evo 115GB started having problems about a month ago whereby if the computer sat "dormant" for about five minutes it would blue screen crash and try to reboot. Upon reboot, it would stall before loading (windows 7). I would have to do a hard shut down and restart where it would allow me to start normal or in safe mode and run fine.

Last week I closed the laptop lid without shutting down. The next day when I tried to turn it on, it stalled at the same place it did on auto re-boot and continues to stall at the same place no matter how many times I try to reboot. I cannot start in windows safe mode and it will not allow me to even access the BIOS. I tried the original optical drive and the computer works fine so there are no hardware issues. Is the SSD completely toast or is there something I can do to recover the data files?

Thanks,

eric

update the latest version of BIOS and try it again, also install to other computer as a second storage drive to save the data, after that please follow the sticky thread to secure erase the drive and re-install the firmware.

Comment

Phoenix Evo 115 GB fail

Ok - I'm a complete novice at this and just lucky enough to know what the BIOS is. I assume the BIOS is on the hardware and won't matter which hard drive is installed. I will read up on how to update it but may have to ask questions. As far as using as second storage device, I tried that but alternate computer was unable to read the drive once plugged in. Any suggestions, or am I really screwed on this?

Will figure out how and worry about reinstalling firmware if/ after I get data off the drive.

Comment

once you reinstall the firmware, all of the data will be erase, and if you can't find the drive in BIOS, only only solution is RMA.

Comment

Working...
        X