No announcement yet.

A Few Problems with Falcon 128GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow (in Vienna it's 11:30 pm) i will try updating my RIIE...(I've got 1306 and 1406 is already out)

Yes, it has Enhanced and Compability (and a third one ?, don't know..)
    I already tried AHCI - I just got Bluescreens =D

No, on this Windows Installation I actually haven't done that now - but I will =D (now)

1. I will disable Superfetch, Prefetch, ...

2. I will try Compabilit-Mode

If those 2 things don't work i will RMA it

Thanks !

#edit#
    I actually did all the stuff =D
    Tomorrow i'll make an report if it's working now...
    BTW: is it normal that "wiper.exe" shows "barefoot_report: system error" ?
    Last edited by kAnton; 06-11-2009, 02:11 PM.

Comment

If you change IDE modes from IDE / RAID / AHCI, you will probably need to do fresh Windows install after each, because each of them requires different drivers
      (and that's why you had blue screens)

Drive works best with the AHCI mode ...

Comment

Hey Guys...

I did all the stuff - i've still got crashes...

I'll make an 1:1 "backup" onto a HDD (i think i'll take the old IDE one, there's to much data on the SATA one) and then i'll try if there are crashes like now ...

If there are no crashes i will RMA it

Thanks all !

(and to the AHCI - I changed the msahci regfile from 4 to 0 - Microsoft says that that's helping - I get another Bluescreen (not the same one, i think AHCI works =D) )

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote View Post
          If you change IDE modes from IDE / RAID / AHCI, you will probably need to do fresh Windows install after each, because each of them requires different drivers
          (and that's why you had blue screens)

Drive works best with the AHCI mode ...
          You can just switch the registry setting in your Registry -- that's what I did.

I installed Windows Vista [Ultimate 64bit] with IDE mode then wanted to test out AHCI. I got blue screens when I switched to AHCI. After a bit of Googleing, I found a quick 'how to' without reinstalling it, and now it works fine.

1. Open run (Windows Key + R)
          2. Type: regedit
          3. Go to the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> System -> CurrentControlSet -> Services -> msahci
          4. Double click the Start key
          5. Change it to 0 (mine was 4 before)
          6. Reboot
          7. Immediatly open your Bios (usually, you press DEL key)
          8. Switch to AHCI Mode
          9. Save, then Reboot

And that's it!

Comment

I actually did exactly that =D

Like I said before i just got a bluescreen...not the same one like before changing the Registry Value but I got one =D

#edit#
            I restarted (I didn't change anything in the registry...) - tried AHCI again - it worked...

I got unbelievable 272.8mbyte/s in atto (read) !!!
            (write about 200mbyte/s)
            I'll look if it works now =D

#edit2#
            Ok guys, i made a backup of the system on the ssd and installed it on the SATA HDD - I got an freeze !?
            I'll update all Windows Crap and test my GPU trough 3dmarkvantage...
            Last edited by kAnton; 06-12-2009, 12:41 PM.

Comment

It's not the SSD ...

I do not know where the error is...

CPU - runs (i ran Prime95...)
              RAM - runns (i ran memtest86)
              GPU - Furmark and 3DMarkVantage

kindly regards

Comment

Hey Guys - i did it =D

It works =D (I installed the newest SoundCard Drivers and the Creative Tools, i installed the newest acpi drivers and i reinstalled Steam - it works ! No Freezes, no Crashes, just unbelievable speed !

Thank you G.Skill for making such a product xD:
                (I know, how fast your OS is does not depend on the Maximum Read/Write-Speed - but it#s fantastic xD)

Read: ~210mbyte/s
                Write: ~270mbyte/s !!! (SATA 3Gbit/s ("SATA II") limitation: 300mbyte/s xDD)

My SSD is working in AHCI-Mode =D

It's a fantastiv drive - there's nothing better out there (for such a price, a intel x25-e is better, but over 10?/GB ! xD)

Comment

Hi guys, I finally got wiper working on my nforce 780i chipset mobo. However, when I ran it, it has this message saying barefoot_report : system error
                  what's up with that??

Comment

Glad you got it working again, KAnton. We have similar systems except I have the ASUS P6T Deluxe (x58), Auzentech Fort 7.1 sound card, and a HD 4870

My write is slower, only 149 MB/sec, but my read is 256 mb/sec in AHCI mode. I'm using Windows 7 RC, so it could be drivers being the reason why my write is slower. Though, our hardware has different setups too.

May I ask where did you get the latest acpi drivers?

And what RAM are you using?

Just wondering if there is anything I can do to increase the write speed.

P.S. DonFunBuBai, don't know what that error in wiper means, sorry.
                    Last edited by razzlejon; 06-15-2009, 03:31 PM.

Comment

thx!

i'm using windiws 7rc too, it didn't work well with vista and then i tried win7 and found the error...
                      maybe i will buy a forte or prelude or xpnar essence stx

i have got a triple channel gold kit with 1600mhz from ocz ( when i bought my system in december there was no other 1600mhz ram available at the store where i bought it - the ram cost me about 250 euros -DAMN - now it costs less than 1oo euros...)

acpi : i will write you tomorrow, i am writing tjis from am ipod

Comment

I just realized the max write speed for the Falcon 128 GB is 190 MB/sec, so my write speed is normal. There's nothing more I need to do.

Not sure how you are getting 270 MB/sec write speed. Your read speed is 210 MB/sec, which I think shouldn't be slower than your write speed. Are you sure you did not post the results in reverse (like read 270 MB/sec, write 210 MB/sec. That would make more sense. Not saying I don't believe you, but the specs for the falcon 128 GB says it's max read is 250 MB/sec, max write is 190 MB/sec. Although, it is possible to achieve higher speeds, it's not likely.

Well, anyways, I'm glad to hear you fixed your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DonFunBuBai View Post
                          Hi guys, I finally got wiper working on my nforce 780i chipset mobo. However, when I ran it, it has this message saying barefoot_report : system error
                          what's up with that??

Had the same issue on my 750i FTW board, I take it you had to change the Nforce drivers S-ATA to Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Microsoft Controller. I just figured that out myself today and finally got trim working, what my take on it is some kind hand shake protocol that is not taking place. Never the less it works, so I think in time it will get fully ironed out.
                          CPU I7-980X @ 3.81Ghz
                          MB ASUS P6X58D-E
                          GPU GTX480 @ 770Mhz
                          RAM 12Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme Division-2 DDR3 @ 1908Mhz
                          PSU Corsair AX 850W
                          SSD: Intel X25M 80Gb
                          HD 2x WD VelociRaptors 150Gb in Raid-0

Sager NP8662
                          CPU: Intel Q9100 @ 2.38 GHz
                          GPU: GTX 260M @ 612Mhz
                          RAM: G.Skill DDR3 1066Mhz 4Gb
                          SSD: Intel X25M 120Gb

Comment

Originally posted by razzlejon View Post
                            Not sure how you are getting 270 MB/sec write speed.
                            Oh sorry...

Of course i meant 270mybet/s READ and 210 Write !
                            Sorry ...

Comment

Working...
                            X