Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dissapearing Disk

Hello !

I bought brand new Falcon SSD 128Gb two weeks ago !
    I have installed it into my Desktop PC, and istalled fresh new Windows 7 x64

After two days of normal using of my computer, I suddenly got the blue screen
    Computer restarted, and hang on drive detection
    After turning it off, then on, my Falcon drive dissapeared !

Few days later, I went to my retailer, and got the drive exchanged ...
    In the mean time, I have rinstalled the system on my old HD

I installed the new SSD drive again, and started Acronis to do the disk copy from my HD to the SSD
    After 95% of progress, I had write errors and copy failed.
    After restarting the computer, I had same symptoms, and the drive was gone

So, it was quite strange to see same problem again on the second drive ...
    Then I was starting to ask myself if there is any problem with my PC ?

That's how I found this forum, and saw that the new firmware is comming
    Yesterday, I flashed the new firmware, and I got my drive back ! Youpi !

But now I'm scared to use my drive again ...

I have now activated AHCI (which was not active the first time)
    What could be other parameter in BIOS that could affect performances, or make the drive dissapear like it did ?
    I have ASUS P5B Premium Motherboard, Core 2 Duo processor, with 8Gb kingston ram

Also, if the problem reproduces, would I be able to flash same Firmware again ?
    Should I change my drive again, or the issue might come from my hardware configuration ?

It would be nice to give me some comments before I start reinstalling my system

Thank you !

When you loose your SSD, you could try to change the SATA cable.
    Perhaps you're having bad contacts on SATA connectors (mobo and/or ssd)

Comment

Already tried that

Changed and sata cable, and connection on the motherboard, and power cable

Comment

I had problem like this with my old sata drive. I was loosing him at boot sometimes.

It really was the sata port on the motherboard i believe or a problem with not having enough power.

Yet i also had problem with my dvd writer at the same time, so it's hard to say hehe

It took time to finally have a mostly stable system hehe with 3 time bad ram + power problems etc..
        If you have the money find the culprit and exchange it for a better one.

Kingston ram rock solid in my opinion and for power supply look for the best in reviews.

Also for motherboard gigabytes rocks and for cpu buy one that doesn't run hot and also add to it a ninja scynthe heatsink. Also buy an accelero heatsink for your video card.

All this doesn't cost much and it really worth it for a silent and stable powerhouse hehhee

Most people forget about silence but it's so important these days. Even with all this and only 2 120 silent fan i still hear him roaming. (too much hard drives in there i guess)

Comment

Working...
        X