Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange problem with Phoenix Pro 60Gb

Hello,

First of all, please excuse possible glitches with my english...not a native speaker.

I'm having a problem with my Phoenix Pro 60 GB. It has been running for several months now without any problems.
    This morning the OS started to freeze. At first I thought it was a usual "can happen" Windows-freeze. I rebooted and tested
    the system. The freezes appear about 2-3 minutes after reboot.It took me 2 hours and 25 times rebooting before I was finished
    with a sorry excuse of a backup....not an easy thing to do with a system that crashes every time you've copied 500 MB.

I installed the SSD in 2 other systems....same problem. After 2-3 minutes of use the SSD just disappears.
    Once rebooted (cold) you've got...again...you're 2-3 minutes. It doesn't make a difference if the SSD is 2 minutes or
    1 hour turned off....if it matters.

And now the first strange part: I've allready made my peace with sending the SSD in,so I decided to wipe it.
    The first pass (of wiping) showed the same error. Meaning: The SSD disappearing every few minutes.
    BUT: Once the first pass was through,the second pass ran without any disturbance. How can that be?

IS the drive defective or not?

I've never experienced any problem with a drive before that just goes away once you wipe it.

It becomes stranger: After the wiping I thought "What the hell" and tried installing Win 7 again.
    No problem at all. The installation....drivers...updates...everything normal.
    The drive even appears to be faster than before.

I'm confused. With magnetic drives,there's only defective and OK. What happened here?

Hi,

the SSD just like your windows system, sometimes need to erase and reinstall firmware to speed up/stable the system. please always back up your improtant data as well, once the SSD defective, most of the time your file will not be recovered.

Comment

So you think there's no need to RMA right now? This is a problem that can happen?
      I really don't know what to do right now....on the one hand the system went from "rock stable" to "I hope I can get my data back" in one day....on the other hand the system runs stable now.
      Or in other words: This is a bug and not a hardware-related problem?

Comment

sometimes erase/reinstall the firmware will helping to stabilize the system when some issues happened, we will suggest you send it back when there's no way to solve your problem. if this problem happen again, please send it back for RMA, thanks

Comment

Working...
        X