Phoenix 120gb "Stuck" at firmware 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix 120gb "Stuck" at firmware 2.1

For almost a year now i've never been able to update past firmware 2.1. Now we are upto firmware 4.2 and I reckon i've been more than patient. Anybody or Gskill staff care to enlighten me???

SSD- FM-25S2S-120GBP1

Serial- DC011022FFFDB0037

Thanks in advance

Hi Somar64,
    if you can't upgrade to other firmware by any ways, please send it back for RMA, we'll replace it for you.

Comment

Having the same issue

I've had my drive for 8 months now, also unable to upgrade to the latest firmware. When I run the update utility, it responds exactly as if everything worked, but once the machine's rebooted the SSD firmware is still on 2.1. I've tried each firmware rev, same result with each. Please advise...

Comment

Hi Bender,
        please send it back for RMA if you really need to upgrade to latest firmware, sorry for the inconvenient.

Comment

I can't pin it down to the SSD, but my machine's been flaky ever since I first built it. Multiple spontaneous hard crashes with no bsod and occasional bsods with stop error code 0x24 NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM. I've taken the machine apart and rebuilt it, I've replaced the Mother Board, the video cards, the RAM. I've rebuilt the OS image from scratch at least 4 times now. The only thing left to try and fix is the SSD, and for me, updating the firmware seems to be the logical first step. As long as your company's okay with it, I would definitely like to try and have an updated SSD in my machine at this point.

Thank you for responding so quickly to this post, and thanks for allowing me to send in my drive for RMA! :-)

Comment

Hi all,

I had post here http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=8782 i message to ask if update firmaware 2.1 to 4.2 can be useful,
            Now i had try to update it but i can't do it.

My explication:
            I have the same problem as Somar64 with my SSD, Phoenix 120gb at firmware 2.1 But little different, all time with package 4.2B (normaly for y SSD it' not a GS number), and with all other package i got the same error "Firmware for this drive not found in this package"

What i can do now to upgrade my SSD?

Thx in advance for your help,

G.skill Customers
            Last edited by Freud; 07-27-2011, 08:26 PM. Reason: Add detail

Comment

hi,

we are sorry, please send it back for RMA if you follow the steps and still gat "Firmware for this drive not found in this package"

Comment

You want ALL of us to send these drives back for RMA??? That is ludicrous. You must take this issue back to the engineers who developed the firmware, and explain to them that the majority of us with Phoenix drives CANNOT update the firmware to 4.2.

My serial is DC041022FFFDB0012, same part number as Somar's, and it's still at 2.1 because NO FIRMWARE PACKAGE HAS EVER BEEN APPLICABLE TO THIS DRIVE.

I am tired of reading the same old "RMA the drive" crap. I am NOT going to remove my system drive and send it back and be without it for weeks at a time. Figure this out, G.Skill, or this is the last product I buy from you.

Comment

Sir,

the firmware is providing by Sandforce, which is the controller company, we reply about this issue many times but they have no solution so far. We want to provide the best service to all customer but really sorry about this issue, sorry about the inconvenient.

Comment

Well, G.Skill is Sandforce's customer, and you must leverage that relationship with them to serve your customers. This seems like a breakdown in communication - we are telling you that many of us cannot install firmware update 4.2, and you want us to send our drives in. Now you say that the firmware compatibility issue is Sandforce's fault. How is G.Skill planning to install 4.2 on our drives if that is the case?

Comment

we are sorry about that you can't update the 4.2 firmware, we still working on it to solving this issue, sorry about all inconvenient.

Comment

You still haven't answered my question - how is G.Skill planning to update the firmware on my drive if I send it in, considering you have told us that this is an issue with the Sandforce controller that only Sandforce can solve?

Comment

Hi glob,

we will going to replace another new SSD if you don't mind to send it in, really sorry about this problem.

Comment

Ok, I would need an advance RMA to swap the drive with you, since I cannot sacrifice the use of my computer for an extended period of time.

Comment

Hi,

please send a email to rma@gskill.com and they will help you.

Comment

Working...
                              X