No announcement yet.

gskill falcon freezes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you are right about Apples downgrade to SATA I being an issue. I think I'll eBay my Falcon and use a 7200RPM 500GB drive untill Apple fixes this issue - if they ever do.

Comment

Apple just released a firmware update to fix the SATA I limitation on the new 13 & 15" MacBook Pros. Hopefully this will also stop the freezing problems. To bad I already sold my Falcon on Ebay.

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/06/22/...erface-speeds/

Comment

Originally posted by John566 View Post
        Apple just released a firmware update to fix the SATA I limitation on the new 13 & 15" MacBook Pros. Hopefully this will also stop the freezing problems. To bad I already sold my Falcon on Ebay.

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/06/22/...erface-speeds/
        mmmm how bad is the freezing? I just bought the 256mb SSD falcon.

and i am going to be using it in a unibody mbp 2.53

Comment

Well, bad like freezed to death.

Same problem here, installed on MBP13 without fresh update for sata, installation of mac OS from cd freeze at some moment, unable to finish it.

Firmware upgrade doesn't work on my PC neither, not disk 0, the hardware is seen and the jumper is on.

I changed the ssd today in my shop, still unable to install new firmware on vista. Haven't tried the install on the MBP.

Comment

Try upgrading the MBP's firmware to get SATA II. This seems to be working for people. I already sold my Falcon or I'd try in out. It is working great on my Intel X25-M 160GB.

Comment

Try upgrading the MBP's firmware to get SATA II. This seems to be working for people. I already sold my Falcon or I'd try in out. It is working great on my Intel X25-M 160GB.
              hi John566. I read some people have problem with their X25 after the firmware upgrade.
              Do you have any issue?

Comment

I haven't noticed any. What symptoms did they exhibit?
                Thanks.

Comment

New SSD gskill falcon 128 (exchange), new firmware on the macbookpro, still unable to flash the ssd and installation still freezing.

Frack it.

Comment

Now I'm glad I didn't keep mine and got the Intel 160GB X25-M instead.

Comment

zsnow,

If you can provide me with a link or let me know of what problems you've heard with the X25 and the new firmware I'd be grateful. I googled trying to find the issue but didn't find it.

Thanks.

Comment

zsnow,

If you can provide me with a link or let me know of what problems you've heard with the X25 and the new firmware I'd be grateful. I googled trying to find the issue but didn't find it.

Thanks.
                        check here

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...re#post7938747

but since yours works totally fine. I guess it's only apply to some unlucky people.

Comment

Originally posted by helmuth View Post
                          New SSD gskill falcon 128 (exchange), new firmware on the macbookpro, still unable to flash the ssd and installation still freezing.

Frack it.
                          What do you mean you can't flash the SSD?
                          Is your SSD firmware 1571? If not, you need update the ssd firmware.
                          the steps is posted here
                          http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=914

After that try install the leopard.

Comment

I have same problem freeze after sleep, so I use Macbook uni-body 1gen, memory 4Gb DDR3 custom build from Apple.

What you think about technical from Apple commended ?

Comment

Working...
                            X