Install link instructions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install link instructions?

Recently I purchased a 60g SSD on Newegg and have been finding it difficult to find actual instructions on how to install this properly to utilize the hardware as best as possible. The instructions that came with the driver are no more then mounting ones and thats about it. I also see quite a few reviews on newegg stating the upgrade isn't much from regular HD. But all in all I see many people followed by a response by someone from Gskill saying to make sure they do a proper install.

Well how do you expect a proper install to utilize the SDD if you don't provide instructions on how to achieve this , let alone some drivers? I have been searching for a bit on a step by step instruction on what to do to get a GSkill drive to maximum performance. There is nothing in the stickies. Please create a general step by step guide to installation on AHCI vs. IDE, what software to install and if I need to update my firmware to gain this.

I think the problem with 90% of the people having issues is there is no set guideline, and quite honestly its somewhat annoying that we have to search around for hours and piece together our own assumption on how we think it should be installed compared to a correct way to use it from the manufacturer of the product.

You install it like you do with any other regular hardrive.It will set trim and everything else automaticly if your installing windows seven.They didnt give instructions with older hardrives either.

Comment

i suppose my point is that they often comment on people saying they noticed no difference after installing it compared to a regular HDD speed. Yet they have no definitive instructions on how to achieve this coming with the manual.

Back when I started building computers they didn't have instructions and cd drivers that came with hardware or detailed instruction on how to setup jumpers and power buttons from the case to the mobo either. But guess what , they do now.

Comment

To tell you the truth,I dont notice that much of a speed increase either.Besides booting up about 10 seconds faster over my WD 640gig black edition,everything else seems the same.I have never felt the wow factor all the reviewers talk about.Today I even unrared a 300mb file from both drives and they both were about the same.Either the people you see in reviews were using a 5400 rpm drive before they bought an ssd or thier just plain lieing.

Comment

Hi guys,

All of you suggestions, we will keep in mind.

thanks

Actually we always think how to build a more convenient system for customers so don't worry about that.
          But one thing is for sure. I have to improve my English or someone take my place.
          I am kidding.
          we will see.

Comment

Working...
          X