I not feeling the speed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I not feeling the speed.

Just like the title says,im not feeling the speed everybody talks about.I mean it does boot up faster and it is faster in benchmarks than my old hardrive,but when I play games like Black Ops,the maps dont seem to load any faster than my WD 640 black did?

The biggest performance gain is in write speeds. In game loading screens, there isn't much writing going on, so you don't see as big of a gain as boot time which does heavy writing.

but if you were time it, the screens are loading a lot faster. Mine average above 50% loading times depending on game.

also, the more fragmented a HDD is, the slower it gets and SSD excel on fragmented disks as they aren't slowed down hardly at all if any.

also, if you're online playing that will slow you down as well.

If you can still boot from your hard drive, run a test and watch the clock and compare.
    -=Mark=-
    * Lian-Li PC-Q06B * GigaByte H55N-USB3 * Intel i3-550 * PowerColor HD5670 Go! Green * Corsair Builder Series 430 Watt *G. Skill 120GB Phoenix Pro * G. Skill 4GB DDR3-1600 ECO *

Comment

i think because black ops is such a poorly optimized game to start off with, various systems react differently even with an installed ssd. some of the high end rigs experience all sorts of problems with the game and there's really no explanation. i've got the same sniper ssd installed on 3 different systems, a six (3.5ghz), triple (3.4ghz) and quad (2.33ghz) core, and the quad is noticeably indifferent with improving black ops. you'd think the quad would be able to easily pull its own weight with this game but it's not as smooth even with the ssd.

other games fly at load times with the ssd like mw2, crysis and other apps compared to traditional hds.

Comment

Yeah but I have no problem playing the game at all.Runs smooth as butter.The only thing I noticed was that when the maps load on either my WD 640 gig black or my 120 gig sniper,I get on the maps before anybody else,but basicly in the same spot.Theres really no speed difference.Unless steam somehow is slowing them down.

Comment

Working...
        X