Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which FW image do I need for FALCON FW1916?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which FW image do I need for FALCON FW1916?

Hi,

I tried the update from 15?? to 1916 because yesterday the wiper.exe crashed my OS installation. Now I see the BAREFOOT-ROM in update program but the select box offers 3 choices for my 128 MB Falcon. They are only different in Samsung cryptic name but how do I find out which image fit's my SSD?
    Same is for version 2030. There are 128GB-1, 128GB-2 and 128GB-3, but documentation does not tell any difference and which I need to use.

Can somebody help pls? I don't want to brick my SSD...

Hi thumi69,

I suggest use FW1916 first, please use jumper, you should see Y*******.
    There are -1, -2, -3.
    Just find out which one can work with your SSD.

Comment

Hi,

I was able to update to 1916 by using trial-and-error method (it was second 128MB model in the list).

Now I'm trying to update to 2030 (jumper is removed already). The all 3 128GB programs find my falcon with revision 1916 but all 3 raise an error "Image buffer alloc fail!".

What can I do now?

I forgot: I use CD boot image because my computer does not boot from the USB which I created with method included in 2030 zip file...
      Last edited by thumi69; 04-20-2011, 12:52 AM.

Comment

ok, I fixed it. I was able to run 2030 update (128GB-2) when starting from floppy. Looks like that the update program needs to write temporary data to the boot device which is not possible when starting from cdrom. But needs to be confirmed from GSKILL that this is really the reason.

Comment

Working...
        X