Firmware 4.0 Broken!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firmware 4.0 Broken!

I can tell you what's broken that's not listed... SSD Drive Phoenix Pro 120GB disappears when doing a restart from within Windows.

I upgraded to 4.0 from 3.2. After the PC rebooted to complete the upgrade, the drive was not listed. After shutting my laptop completely down and disconnecting power for 30 seconds, then powering back up, the drive shows up again. But every time I do a restart from within windows, the drive disappears. This is quite annoying.
    ASUS G73JH-RBBX05 | Intel i7 920XM | 8GB (2GBx4) PC3-10600 | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 | 1920x1080 LED | 120GB SSD G.Skill Phoenix Pro | 500GB HD | Intel 6200 Advanced-N | Windows 7 HP 64Bit

Downgrading to 3.2 fixes this issue, so heads up. This needs to be fixed please.
    ASUS G73JH-RBBX05 | Intel i7 920XM | 8GB (2GBx4) PC3-10600 | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 | 1920x1080 LED | 120GB SSD G.Skill Phoenix Pro | 500GB HD | Intel 6200 Advanced-N | Windows 7 HP 64Bit

Comment

Hi Kwilks3,
      A and B, which one do you use?

step1: backup your DATA
      step 2: secure erase this SSD
      step 3: upgrade to FW4.0
      step 4 : recovery your DATA.
      Please let me know does it work.
      Use another drive to be OS drive.

Comment

The A package is the only one that works for my drive.

Secure erasing seems like a big waste of time to me. I don't see how this could possibly fix the drive not being seen by the bios. The only benefit I can see is a faster drive initially, but then would degrade somewhat quickly, just like every other time I've done this.

This is my OS drive, and the only reason I bought the drive. Not using it as such would defeat the whole purpose of having it.

I do have an OS partition that came with my laptop on my original HD, and when booting from that drive, I still have the same issue, drive does not show up, because it's not detected in bios when rebooting. Even after booting into the OS, the drive is not listed.

cold boot = drive detected
        restart from within windows = drive not detected in bios
        shutdown from within windows and wait about 30 seconds before powering again = drive detected, and boot drive gets changed to original HD (not the ssd) = annoying

My laptop is the Asus G73JH listed in my sig. I'm running the most current bios available which is the v213 bios.
        Last edited by kwilks3; 04-18-2011, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Sorry Kwilks3,

This issue is between new firmware and this laptop.

We have already informed Sand Force.
          I am sorry.

Comment

Working...
          X