Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSD not found when updating firmware 2030

Hi,
    I have just 'resurrected' my SSD drive (Falcon II 128GB) by flashing with firmware ver 1916. The drive is now recognised and usable. But when I try to update to firmware ver 2030 using the same method on Windows XP 32bit, the drive is not listed (not found). What is wrong?
    I have tried all 3 files: 128gb_1.exe, 128gb_2.exe and 128_3.exe.
    Last edited by cookie_lu; 03-31-2011, 04:42 PM.

Did you set IDE mode?

Comment

I am using XFX nforce 790i ultra SLI motherboard (latest bios) to do this upgrade, which do not have ACHI (i think). I can only see RAID or non-RAID. I am using non-RAID which i think is IDE. Note I have successfully upgraded using firmware version 1916, on the same sata port. Why can't with version 2030?

Comment

This time i have successfully upgraded to version 2030. But not on the same PC (though it works with firmware version 1916). I tried it on a Dell PC and it works! Once upgraded to 2030 I put it back to my previous PC and all are working fine.

So I guess the firmware version 2030 may not detect the SSD on some motherboards but works on the rest. So for those of you experiencing the same problem, try it on another PC. And be sure to choose IDE on the SATA port, not AHCI.
        Last edited by cookie_lu; 04-01-2011, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X