Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experiencing BSOD, issue points to SSD (Phoenix Pro)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiencing BSOD, issue points to SSD (Phoenix Pro)

First off, I have the G.SKILL Phoenix Pro Series FM-25S2S-120GBP2. Not sure if it matters, but it's configured in AHCI mode.

I've been advised my SSD caused the issue and could possibly need to be replaced, however I'm not one to jump to conclusions and would like to get some help from the G.Skill community. Here's a link to my discussion on SevenForums. I have detailed specs of my computer on SevenForums as well as System Health Report and Debugging info.

I understand if folks don't want to follow a link, so...

Briefly, here's what happened:
    I was surfing the internet, when Norton Internet Security warned that removing a device without safely removing it could cause an error. Initially, I was confused because I did not remove a device. I attempted to open "Computer" and I received and error about not being able to open it. A couple of seconds later, I received a BSOD.

Upon restart I had a Critical EventID 41 Kernel-Power and several Errors on EventViewer.

Recommended on SevenForums:
    I ran System File Checker with 100% Verification and it did not find any integrity violations.

I downloaded SeaTools (as advised on SevenForums) and the SSD failed a Short DST and passed Short Generic & Long Generic after receiving an exception message.

The computer is functioning (in fact, I'm using it to post on this forum) and does not seem to be experiencing issues at this moment. Can anyone help shed some light on this?

Thanks!

get hdtune give the health status of drive in picture might be your ssd is failling.

also you can try install the ssd drive on another computer just to check with seatool if its failling again sometime its might your sata port not working properly the main reason maybe you need bios update.

Well try this for now if its not working maybe rma for a new one and if its still does is its not drive might be the motherboard that not compatible with this drive.

Comment

Working...
    X