Gskill pro compatible chipset AMD 870

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gskill pro compatible chipset AMD 870

hello I would like to know before buying a pro GSkill G. Skill SSD 60Gb if it was compatible with my chipset AMD 870 and if he manages the trim with my 64bit Windows 7? because I have a motherboard Asus M4A87TD EVO, thank you in advance and sorry for my English I'm French

i have amd 890 and it work like charm trim with phoenix pro dont forget to put in ahci mod for the best performance

Comment

Hi dark-hitoshi,

don't worry about it, it will compatible with your motherboard and windows 7 will support trim when you install OS.

by the way, thanks DarkVision

Comment

Okay thank you very much, so before I make a formatting with parted magic then I will AHCI mode in bios? thank you again!

Comment

use magic parted to secure erase, set AHCI in BIOS then instsll OS.

Comment

ok thank you

Comment

sorry but finally I have big problem:

I just put my ssd in my pc then I had to format using Parted Magic.

Can I change in bios AHCI mode for the SSD and I start installing Windows 7.

After installation I noticed that my normal hard drive HDD 500GB SATA 2 does walk more so I returned to the bios IDE but nothing to help me! thank you

sorry for my English I'm French

help please

Comment

With Gigabyte AMD890 i can set my sata port 0 to ahci or i can select 1-3 to ahci or 4-6 in ahici mod depend what setting you can do on BIOS. Sometime you dont have that choices so all your port will be in ahci, maybe if you select the port where your seagate drive is plug in and put it back to IDE will help but again its depend of what your BIOS can do. You should ask seagate if the drive is okay on Ahci mod.

Comment

Please upgrade to latest BIOS version.

first, please remove your HDD drive then set AHCI mode and install OS on SSD.
                  After installing OS successful, plug in your HDD.
                  actually HDD should work on ahci mode.

Comment

just set SSD be priority boot drive.

Comment

Working...
                    X