problem after flashing to FW2030

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem after flashing to FW2030

OK, I have a Falcon1 and after a large learning curve decided to update the firmware. I first backed up the drive onto a hitachi 250gb drive as a disk image using Drive image XML then just in case I also used clonezilla to make a backup. The FW upgrade went fine (after I actually understood the directions. But now comes the problem, when I try to go from the image back to the drive both programs fail because "the image is larger than the drive". Somehow I now have several MB less than I had before using the clean then upgrading. 4 days and I still can't get my system put back on the falcon drive - any ideas??

oh and for info the actual files were only about 50% if the drives capacity
    Last edited by triggerfish; 03-15-2011, 05:30 PM. Reason: needed to add info

Somehow I now have several MB less than I had before using the clean then upgrading.
    how much capacity do you lose?
    Use FW 1916 clean tool, maybe it can solve this problem.
    if not, reinstall OS would be better.

Comment

found a work around

Reinstalling the OS was not an option as I still would have had to install all the other programs and their settings also and don't even want to think about how much time that would involve. I only lost about 50MB of drive space but that was enough to keep the drive clone programs from letting me restore the image. Final solution was to find a clone program that didn't care about the drive actual size as long as it was bigger than the actual original file
      size and EASEUS ToDo Home Backup program did the job. It's free also for home users and works fast!!

Comment

Working...
      X