Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper 3.2 Firmware Download Failed, followed by BSOD

Hello:

I'm having problems trying to update my new Sniper 60GB from firmware 3.1 to 3.2:

- using FW-3.2 A.pkg results in "Firmware Download Failed!" after a few minutes followed by BSOD

- using FW-3.2 B.pkg results in "Firmware for this drive not found in package"

The PC is running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on MSI P67A-GD55 motherboard with 2600k (not overclocked), Sniper 60GB as the boot drive, and two Seagate 250GB in RAID 0. BIOS is set to RAID mode, not AHCI; setting to AHCI in BIOS boots to BSOD because of RAID drivers. Connecting Sniper to SATA 3 or 2 makes no difference. Is there a solution?

TIA

Milpitas have you tried to disconnect your raid and changing to AHCI just to do the firmware upgrade,and then you could put your raid back in and see if it boots without the bsod.
    ASUS Rampage II Extreme▐ Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield ▐ ZALMAN CNPS9900ALED 120mm▐ G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) ▐ (1) G SKILL SNIPER 120 SSD (OS) (1) Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB (storage)▐ EVGA 01G-P3-1563-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti SuperClocked Video Card - 1GB, GDDR5, Overclocked ▐ Antec TPQ-850 850W Continuous Power ATX12V▐ COOLMASTER HAF 932 Case▐ WINDOWS 7 HOME 64

Comment

Yes, that doesn't help because Windows 7 itself is configured with RAID drivers and BSOD during Windows startup phase.

-thanks

Comment

Where do I even get the firmware package? I too have a Sniper 60GB.

Comment

The firmware is posted in the sticky.

Comment

Ah thanks, did not see that sticky earlier (pre-login).

Comment

Working...
            X