Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper 60GB slow read speeds

Hello,

I just purchased a 60GB Sniper SSD. The drive came with FW 3.1 and I upgraded it to 3.2A before installing it in my sister's AMD X4 630 system with a Gigabyte GA-MA785GM. I reinstalled Windows 7 and ran all of the latest driver updates for her chipset. I am seeing seq read speeds at 162.8 MB/sec and writes at 99.299MB/sec. The current SATA setup is in RAID as i have to HDD drives mirrored.

As a comparison I have my setup with a Phoenix Pro 120GB running on 3.1 FW, the SATA is set to RAID and I am getting reads at 201.4MB/sec and writes at 76.9MB/sec. Can anyone suggest what I can look at to get the read speeds increased?

I am using SATA 3 cables to interface with this drive if it matters. Should I try another cable? Should I try the B firmware?

Edit: One other thing, in CrystalDiskInfo, the drive is now showing up.

Thanks,
    Nick
    Last edited by npolite; 02-18-2011, 07:57 PM.

Update:

I ran the same benchmark on my other PC and it showed reads of 202MB/sec. I then upgraded the PC that has the issue with the latest BIOS revision 12A and while that didn't help the benchmark, it shows a little better with spikes to 203MB/sec.

I'm not sure what the issue is but it seems to be with the setup of that PC. This issue is very perplexing.

Comment

Hi guys,

Actually I have to explain something here.
      Benchmark is for reference.
      Every kind of DATA and components will affect performance.
      So Sandforce only approval ATTO and IOmeter.
      And that SSD should be empty(zero DATA)
      If you got using issue, like DATA lose, freeze regularly or slow.
      I will recommend RMA it or provide you solution.
      Compare benchmark is unfair.
      According our experience, set correct BIOS setting and secure erase regularly will make SSD keep its function.

Comment

ATTO looks good

Comment

Working...
        X