Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which flash GSKill is using now ? Still at 34nm or already at 25nm ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which flash GSKill is using now ? Still at 34nm or already at 25nm ?

Well, "other" popular ssd producer already hammered quite hard on the 34nm to 25nm transition.

Just want to know if GSkill already in the boat to 25nm ?

Whats the current production line is using ?

Or there will be another model for the 25nm ? or "silently" will choose to migrate without any announcement like other manufacturer ?

Also, is that Sniper series is using 25nm too ?

TIA
    Last edited by Brav; 02-16-2011, 05:35 PM.

I'd like to know your source in stating that 34nm is slower and more reliable? 34nm refers to the technology process used in manufacturing chips. A lower number means a faster, smaller chip that requires less power and yes it is cheaper to produce because it requires less material which is a win for both the manufacturer and the customer.

While it might be true that the first batch of chips on a new process may not be as reliable as a more mature previous generation process, these issues should be quickly resolved and the newer process is almost always better in every metric you want to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by mscrivo View Post
      I'd like to know your source in stating that 34nm is slower and more reliable?
      Got it from around the net.
      Last edited by Brav; 02-16-2011, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Hi guys,

We all know the special action about that popular SSD producer, we apologize we are not so popular so We don't have this service.
        We will released another item for 25nm if we want to use 25nm. (different capacity and performance)
        About the source, we use Intel and Micron. trust me, we don't use downgrade flash.
        That's why our price is not competitive.

Comment

I thinkt your price is competitive for the product

Comment

Your price is currently competitive like the previous poster said. Not the lowest but still competitive.

I am glad that you will be releasing your 25nm drive under different item #. That is one of the big problems that the other manufacturer is getting heavy criticism for.

I came here to research this very subject and will probably buy one of your SSD's as a result of this answer.

For those of you questioning the 25nm Vs 34nm just do a search on the internet and you will find that there is indeed differences. One is 3000 write cycles vs. 5000 write cycles for the 34. I am sure that manufactures will overcome the problems with over provisioning and controller FW changes. But for current drives the 34nm is the way to go.

Comment

Did you guys see Anand Tech's preview of the Vertex 3 today? He showed that even with his "heavy usage" of writing 7GB a day, 3000 write cycles is way more than enough.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4159/o...t-sf2500-ssd/2

Comment

Working...
              X