Pheonix Pro 120GB Not Near Rated Speeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pheonix Pro 120GB Not Near Rated Speeds

Drive not performing anywhere close to advertised speeds, tested average 149.2MB/s. Advertised speed up to 285MB/s. System is ICH10R chipset (ASUS P6T) with latest bios. AHCI was enabled prior to a clean install of Windows 7. Intel RST 9.6 is installed and boots with OS. SSD firmware version is 2.1. SSD has 40GB unused space available average, and test was performed after cleaning temp folders, recycle bin etc. Disk defrag is disabled. SSD is installed on a SATA II port. My 300GB Velociraptors in RAID-0 had much better sustained read performance than this SSD, which this purchase replaced and was supposed to out perform across the board.

Am I doing something wrong here, or is this SSD defective? Thanks for any input.

joshmon what bench mark tool are you using.that ssd sound like it is only @ half the speed it should be,also may try upgrading the firmware.but to me it sound like the ssd is defective .try using crystaldiskmark and seeing what you get.
    ASUS Rampage II Extreme▐ Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield ▐ ZALMAN CNPS9900ALED 120mm▐ G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) ▐ (1) G SKILL SNIPER 120 SSD (OS) (1) Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB (storage)▐ EVGA 01G-P3-1563-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti SuperClocked Video Card - 1GB, GDDR5, Overclocked ▐ Antec TPQ-850 850W Continuous Power ATX12V▐ COOLMASTER HAF 932 Case▐ WINDOWS 7 HOME 64

Comment

I used HD Tune. I did submit an RMA, and after talking with the tech apparently it is defective. I do appreciate the info though major, thanks.

Comment

Hi Joshmon,

Please disable the c-state option,it can affect HD tune read performance.
        use secure erase tool to clean its bad blocks.

Comment

Working...
        X