Anyone using Diskeeper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using Diskeeper?

The blurb says that "Diskeeper 2010 with HyperFast? solid state drive optimizer increases the performance and lifespan of SSDs by optimizing the free space on the Solid Stated Drive.

This seems contrary to all the advice which says don't defrag an SSD. So I wondered has anyone used Diskeeper and did they notice any improvement in performance and/or lifespan?

MALAWARE I tried the trial version once I know that not a real good try at it but I couldn't tell any improvement in it at all,and yes you shouldn't have to defrag a ssd drive at all.If you are running windows 7 trim should work the way it suppose to.there is windows tweaks that you can find on the sticky's @ this site,also there is also a tweak for windows seven That I have used and it's ok.the one good lesson I have found is a simple one if you can do it and that is to just use half of the storage on your drive,and leave the rest blank.ME I haven't had any problems with the gskill sniper 120 it has run great so far for 1 month and 5 days.

the one thing I would like gskill to do is provide a toolbox for the people who have brought there product Like a lot of the other company's like intel and ocz have already done.

come on gskill you can do it just pay sandforce for the right they have already done the leg work for you up the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

try this.http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/fo...9&d=1295101213
    Last edited by major53; 02-10-2011, 07:11 AM.
    ASUS Rampage II Extreme▐ Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield ▐ ZALMAN CNPS9900ALED 120mm▐ G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) ▐ (1) G SKILL SNIPER 120 SSD (OS) (1) Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB (storage)▐ EVGA 01G-P3-1563-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti SuperClocked Video Card - 1GB, GDDR5, Overclocked ▐ Antec TPQ-850 850W Continuous Power ATX12V▐ COOLMASTER HAF 932 Case▐ WINDOWS 7 HOME 64

Comment

Working...
    X