Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon2 128Gb and ASUS P8p67 Pro

Hi there,

For what ever reason this motherboard will not detect this SSD. I have ruled out cables but not compatability with new chipset/bios. I am also running bios 2030.

Is there a firmware update to make this SSD work stable with the new chipset? I have found posts on forums with others having issues with their SSDs.

Hi Masika,

I have already tested each color SATA port.
    Each one can work properly.
    I use P8P67 deluxe.
    Please upgrade the proper chipset driver.

Comment

Since my first post, Intel released the problem with SATA 2.0 on P67 boards. Please note I was trying to install Win7 on this SSD drive in a SATA2 port.

Prior to install on this MB the SSD worked. After attemping to install this SSD does not work on the P67 MB or the original P55 MB I had it running on.

Would this SandyBridge defect be the cause of my SSD failure?

PS. Sorry to take so long to get back. My life has turned upside down with the arrival of my first child.

Comment

Also note that the MB was identified as having the intel problem. I used this tool to determine this:
        http://vip.asus.com/eservice/changeS...language=en-us

Comment

Originally posted by Masika View Post
          PS. Sorry to take so long to get back. My life has turned upside down with the arrival of my first child.
          Congratulations, Masika.

That's great.

Sandy bridge issue should not damage SSD, so it would not affects its using on P55.
          Please try to use the SSD on another motherboard.
          if this issue still occurs, please RMA it.

Comment

Working...
          X