pheonix fw 3.2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pheonix fw 3.2?

EDIT: Sorry for the crappy question, please refer to the reworded question with more clarity toward the issues im having @ post #3

Original post:
    acording to the ssd forum sticky, fw 3.2 is the latest but i cant upgrade not even the 3.1, it say fw for this drive not found in package.. my drive is 60gb pheonix on 2.1fw. anyone else having this problem? thx
    Last edited by codester; 01-17-2011, 07:33 AM. Reason: Refer to post #3 thanks

Hi codester,

what OS and computer do you use.
    Do you mean not found drive?

Comment

RE: GSkill Admin, problem reworded and greatly clarified, help me troubleshoot

Hi codester,

what OS and computer do you use.
      Do you mean not found drive?
      Before i elaborate my problem in detail, sorry about the post I wasn't being very clear now that I've had the time to re-read my original post. Reason was, I wrote and sent that post on my PSP, while my computer had no OS installed and I was trying to figure out why I can't flash the firmware to 3.2. hehe

Story is...its had been awhile since i've checked up on the Gskill forum, I didnt know about the new firmware update for Gskill Phoenix SSD version 3.2 (As stated in the sticky thread of the SSD forum titled "[Phoenix/ Phoenix Pro/Sniper] Firmware 3.2" , http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7273.

TO MY UNDERSTANDING: Firmware Revision 3.2 is for the 'Phoenix, Phoenix Pro & Sniper SSD', am i correct?

I HAVE: 2x Phoenix 60Gb SSD, currently at firmware version 2.1

MY QUESTION: Is if its not for my drive then OK you can stop reading this long post . If it is for my drive then please read on and help me.

I HAD FLASHED: The drives originally came with firmware which were some letters and number, i forgot what it was. I have since then flashed it to version 2.1 awhile ago.

STEP I TOOK: to flash to Firmware v3.2

MY SSD: Was configured as a 120Gb 'Raid Partition' consisting of two 60Gb SSDs in 'Raid-0 Stripe' mode.

SO I CHANGE: 'SATA Mode' settings from SATA as 'RAID' to --> 'AHCI' mode.

THEN I BOOTED Boot CD to upgrade SSD Firmware from 2.1 to 3.2

I USED: diskpart to clean out the two Phoenix SSD, then exit diskpart.

I CHANGED: directory to where i placed the firmware.

I RUN: ssdupdate.exe, everything loaded up as to how it should.

*** The 'Drive List' pane detected my 2 Phoenix SDD.

'Drive List' pane information from 'SSDUpdate'

Code:
      Model:               Serial:              Firmware Revision     Capacity
        FM-25S2S-60GBP1     011024A10026             2.1                60GB
        FM-25S2S-60GBP1     011024A10044             2.1                60GB
      *** As you can see everything show up as it should, I can't see anything wrong here.

I CHECKED: the two checkbox shown, readying to flash the selected drive.

I CLICKED: the button to load .pkg, browse to directory with firmware 3.2

Files contained in 'Firmware 3.2.zip'

Code:
      Filename              Size            CRC
      FW-3.2 A.pkg         101 MB       11D469DC
      FW-3.2 B.pkg          56 MB       1EC4074D
      ssdupdate.exe
      ssdupdate.dat
      I TRIED: loading the pkg A first, down the bottom it displayed:
      "Package file load complete"

I CLICKED: on "Download Firmware to Selected Drive" then msg pop up
      "Firmware for this drive not found in package"
      ...if not A, then it must be B! so i thought

I REPEATED: with pkg B ..... and same thing happened >_< ?
      ***at this point I thought I might of downloaded the wrong file, so
      ***double checked the page, only to see one link for 3.2 firmware for download.

SO I THOUGHT: maybe that i'd have to go from 2.1 to 3.1 first, before i can upgrade to 3.2

SAME THING HAPPENED: It showed "Firmware for this drive not found in package" for firmware 3.1

NOTE: Since the 3.1 firmware.zip only have one .pkg file. With that error meaning i cant
      flash 3.1 or 3.2

I THOUGHT MAYBE: Something is corrupted with my SSD flash identifier?? so i tried flashing to firmware 2.1 again.

NOTE: Version 2.1 firmware im able to flash normally with one of the pkg file. Hmmm what is wrong? with the other two Firmware update? 3.1 & 3.2

SHORT STORY LONG: just so you guys can see the problem Im having. Anyone know what im doing wrong? I dont think its me though. Help me fix it pls.

System specs (short specs list)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
      * underVolt + defaultClock & defaultTurbo @ 1.325v, 3.2GHz - 3.6GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD7 rev2.0

Memory: G.Skill P.I DDR3-2300 (2G x 4)
      * underVolt & underClock + tighterTime @ 1.31v, 1600mhz, CL6:7:6:19:1N

SSD: 2 x G.Skill Phoenix 60GB - Model: FM-25S2S-60GBP1
      * Firmware v2.1, connected to AMD SB850 chipset
      (Was part of Raid0 array, now as single drive)

NOTE: Take too long to write out my full system specs, but i think i've added the most essential to help you guys troubleshoot. With these system setting, it is in working order and are able to pass memtest86 and prime95 burnin. So I don't think its a problem with system stability, Could it be the drive? if so can i still get a replacement?.
      Last edited by codester; 01-17-2011, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Hi codester,

I check your .pkg size, it is smaller than it should be.

FW 3.2 A should be 104 MB
        FW 3.2 B should be 58 MB

Comment

Re: Gskill Admin, size

Ok, i will re-download again... this is going to be the 5th time that i have try re-downloading.

But i don't think the problem is because i have different size or corrupted files.

Reason being:

1. The download was 100% completed using Google Chrome
          2. I was able to extract the downloaded firmware normally without any error in the extraction process.
          3. I was about to load up the .pkg using the SSDupdate utility, with it saying "Package file load complete"

Size of pkg A (Windows 7, file properties)

But i will try download again one final time, just to see if there are any changes. hope it will work.

EDIT: Ok so i have just re-downloaded the firmware file again and retry flashing with the new file

*** Once again the download of firmware 3.2 complete 100%
          *** Nothing was wrong with the firmware file extraction
          *** But when running SSDupdate to flash, it say pkg doesn't support my drive

So you see? faulty drive?
          Last edited by codester; 01-18-2011, 02:10 AM. Reason: result of re-downloading the file

Comment

Hi mate,

Did it show same message when you use FW 3.2 B

This is first time we get this issue.

Comment

Nope

Hi mate,

Did it show same message when you use FW 3.2 B
              Yes its the same msg for package B.

I've tried flashing in 'Windows 7', tried using 'Boot CD' to flash, tried plugging the SSD to a different SATA port. Tried plugging it into a different computer all together.

But yeah its always the same thing "Firmware for this drive not found in package" >_< the only firmware that Im able to flash is version 2.1.

Can you send or link me the factory default firmware for Phoenix 60GB? I dont remember the actual firmware version that came with the drive, because it was some letter and number, something like "DDfe355"....... Maybe then if i flash back to that it might work?

EDIT:

This is the first time we get this issue.
              Well if you read this post "FM-25S2S-120GBP1 - Firmware 3.1 drive not found in package" http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.ph...hlight=package

Someone else also have the same problem as me.
              Last edited by codester; 01-19-2011, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Also i remember reading a post yesterday. The poster don't know whether to use A or B to update. one of the GSkill Admin reply that the difference between package A & B is that A contain updates for new hardware inside the SSD and B for older hardware SSD. Also something about A being better. Now im trying to find that post again but forgot which one it was.

Is this true about the A and B files?

Because in firmware 2.1, i have to choose B in order to update. Now i can't choose any at all, did you guys depreciated and took out the hardware description for my SSD in the two newer firmware Pkg? And thats why i can't update?

Comment

Hello,what about trying to choose the "FW-3.2 A.pkg"?

Comment

Working...
                  X