Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading 1916 to 2030 - Falcon I

Hi. Quick question.

Is the 2030 firmware update for Falcon I destructive? (coming from 1916).

Also, the instructions indicate that there are 3 .exe's for my 128GB Falcon.
    128GB-1
    128GB-2
    128GB-3

Which one am I supposed to run?

Thanks.

Hi jules,

I suggest you can use FW 1916 clean tool to clean bad blocks first then upgrade to 1916.
    if it works, upgrade to 2030.
    please try to find which .exe can fit with your storage.

Comment

Hi Jules,

I upgraded my first generation Falcon SSD recently from 1916 to 2030 some weeks ago. Regarding your questions:

1. Is the 2030 firmware update for Falcon I destructive? (coming from 1916).

I backed everything up just incase but no it was not. After I flashed the drive I rebooted to find Windows etc was working just fine.

2. The instructions indicate that there are 3 .exe's for my 128GB Falcon, which one should I use ?

I went through them in numerical order. The first .exe gave an error or said something about incompatible drive (don't remember exactly) so I moved onto the second .exe which flashed the drive fine.

Like me I suspect you were concerned that using the wrong .exe could mess things up. This didn't happen. Good luck !

Comment

is 2030 the best firmware version for the Falcon 1?...how is performance compared to 1916 or earlier firmware versions?

Comment

How can I setup a bootable USB?

Tried many ways, nothing works.

Can you please give me a link, or an ISO file.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
          X