Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toolbox

Hi there

Weeks a go I?ve asked about a G.Skill toolbox but by so far, none, yet.

Does de OCZ toolbox works for a Phoenix Pro 60GB? Is the same SandForce software.

Thanks,

I did read in a review of the Phoenix Pro 40GB and 120GB drives on hardwarecanucks.com that the OCZ toolbox does work with those GSkill drives. They had screenshots on page 5. I haven't verified this myself as I am waiting for an RMA replacement of my DOA drive. I don't know about the 60GB but I would think it to be the same.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/content/reviews/storage/

Comment

I would like to second the motion though that G.Skill needs to release their own toolbox.

Comment

I had a go with the OCZ toolbox and it didn?t even reconize my Phoenix Pro 60GB FW 2.1 at all.

We?re pretty much in the dawn of SSD era, uncertain and rough for users. Perhaps in a few years it?s funcionality would be simple as today?s HDD.

Comment

Here the OCZ toolbox is showing a Phoenix Pro 120 a Corsair Force 120 too without problems.
          Board: GA-Z77-D3H CPU: i5-3470 GPU: MSI GTX 660 FPB RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1600 OS: Win 8 Pro 64 Cooling:[/size] SSD: Samsung 470 (128GB) * GSkill Phoenix Pro 120

Comment

I haven't tried the OCZ toolbox but I am thinking that if the update tool from G.Skill / SandForce does not recognize the drives on Intel AHCI drivers or if bios not set to AHCI then the toolbox might be the same. @Betao Are you trying the toolbox with the msahci drivers etc.? @Delgado What config are you using that works?

Comment

Nope, I?m using Intel?s RST 10.1.0.1008, guess that?s why the OCZ toolbox didn?t reconize my drive because in the previous version it did. SSD?s Stone Age!

Comment

Originally posted by TedH777 View Post
                @Delgado What config are you using that works?
                Well, i have a GA P35-DS3 Board with ICH9. You have to build in the iaStor.sys with some tricks . But it is the iaStor.sys from IRST 9.6.0.1014. Maybe it is really a problem with the IRST 10.
                Board: GA-Z77-D3H CPU: i5-3470 GPU: MSI GTX 660 FPB RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1600 OS: Win 8 Pro 64 Cooling:[/size] SSD: Samsung 470 (128GB) * GSkill Phoenix Pro 120

Comment

Working...
                X