Is my SSD DOA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my SSD DOA?

I have a new Phoenix Pro 120GB that I received for Christmas. I just tried to connect it to my system to check the firmware version and I can't detect the drive at all. I have a Gigabyte P55UD4P motherboard and I tried both of the SATA controllers (Intel and Gigabyte). The drive does not show up in the bios at all and of course not in Windows. I have upgraded to the latest F10 bios and my SATA controllers are set to AHCI. I don't know what else to try and I think the drive may be dead. Is there something I am missing or is the drive truly DOA?

Did you go to Disk Management under Computer Management and see if it shows?
    Motherboard - MSI 870A Fuzion
    CPU - AMD Phenom II X2 555
    Main Drive - G.Skill 120GB Phoenix Pro
    Memory - G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 8GB 2x4
    Video - ATI HD 5850
    Power Supply - Corsair 550W Modular

Comment

I did check in disk management but since it is not showing up in the bios it can't show up in the OS. I think I will RMA it today. The sooner I replace it the sooner I get to enjoy it.

Comment

gskill

This is prob stupid redundant info but did you try a different power connector, a different sata cable, and try it out of achi. Generally when you put it to achi it labels the drives when booting up. If you try it in normal IDE mode. Like i said its redundant.

Comment

I did try several connectors even so far as disconnecting an operating drive and plugging this one into those connectors. I did not try IDE mode but I should hope that a drive that is supposed to be operated in AHCI would at least be detected by the bios when booting. I doesn't really matter now (unless the same thing happens with the replacement) because I have requested an RMA replacement for it.
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X