Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does are the scores for sequential write on AS SSD and crystaldiskmark so low?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does are the scores for sequential write on AS SSD and crystaldiskmark so low?

I just got my phoenix pro 120GB SSD last week.

Anyway here is what i score on AS SSD test:

My results on crystal diskmark

Both show low on sequential write.

Here is the reading on HDD pro. It's not in 1 straight horizontal line.

I hope there's nothing wrong with my SSD.

It's new. I have 3 partions on it. 1 is a ramdisk of 128MB. I just reinstalled a new OS unto it win7 like 2 days back that was after i restored an older win 7 image on it. I didn't use secure erase on it but used another win installation win 7 vista to format and partition it.

My hardware is a cpu E8400 at 4.05ghz rams at 1181mhz on an x48 chipset mobo. I have 2 other 7200rpm HDD attached.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

Is that with the latest firmware? The read line will not be consistent if you already have partitiions and OS.

Do you have the latest AHCI and Intel drivers?

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yes latest firmware 3.1 the intel drivers I got from here the ahci I got from windows.

Comment

Run secure erase and then image Win7 on the SSD. Win 7 should help prevent it from such degradation.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Don't waste your time with the secure erase. I've done it 3 times, and each time the performance has dropped off just like yours. I'm not sure what's going on, but secure erase only temporarily fixes the problem. The performance degrade will happen for sure. First time it took a couple weeks. 2nd time was just over a week. This last time was around the same... one week.

I don't know what's going on, but maybe it's a firmware issue. I know trim is running, or at least it says it is when I run the test for it. So I'm at a loss as to what could be causing the drastic write speed degrade.
          ASUS G73JH-RBBX05 | Intel i7 920XM | 8GB (2GBx4) PC3-10600 | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 | 1920x1080 LED | 120GB SSD G.Skill Phoenix Pro | 500GB HD | Intel 6200 Advanced-N | Windows 7 HP 64Bit

Comment

Try ATTO benchmark instead. AS SSD and HD Tune generally report lower performance. Here are my ATTO vs HD Tune results of my Phoenix Pro 60GB.
            Last edited by Weenz; 12-17-2010, 06:42 AM.

Comment

I'm think the write range of Crystal Disk Mark in the 80's is the Phoenix's normal operating range.
              Mine was in the 60's write range, I left the computer on for 4 hours while I took a short trip, came back and it was in the 80's
              Motherboard - MSI 870A Fuzion
              CPU - AMD Phenom II X2 555
              Main Drive - G.Skill 120GB Phoenix Pro
              Memory - G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 8GB 2x4
              Video - ATI HD 5850
              Power Supply - Corsair 550W Modular

Comment

HI i have very high scores now for write.

I did this after reinstalling windows and running parted magic on it.

It's fast now

New scores

Comment

Yes, your scores will be high... for now. Give it a week or two and you'll see the write scores drop considerably. Like I said, I've done this 3 times so far, all end up with same results. Fast at first, but then a sudden drop with no apparent reason. I have yet to fill the drive over 35% so I don't know what the heck is going on.
                  ASUS G73JH-RBBX05 | Intel i7 920XM | 8GB (2GBx4) PC3-10600 | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 | 1920x1080 LED | 120GB SSD G.Skill Phoenix Pro | 500GB HD | Intel 6200 Advanced-N | Windows 7 HP 64Bit

Comment

My ssd started off slow despite being new. Only after running parted magic on it did it speed up.

Comment

It won't be long before your speeds "settle" back to what they were before. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

Originally posted by snake24 View Post
                        HI i have very high scores now for write.

I did this after reinstalling windows and running parted magic on it.

It's fast now

New scores

After you erased with parted magic, did you create new partition in windows installer or did you just choose the entire disk (just clicked on the disk available for the windows installation without using partition creater)

Reason i asked is because your bytes is now 1024K (notice the you got something different b4 ?)

Comment

Working...
                        X