Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon II 64 GB question

Hi G Skill support!

1. I have a Falcon II 64 GB drive, is this an overprovisioned drive, and if yes by how much?

2. In other forums I am reading suggestions to create an extra 10 GB of unallocated space at the end (making allocated space 60 GB -> 50 GB), will this help with the longevity of the drive? Note: I understand that to do this I would need a secure erase, I am in any case intending to do it before switching from Windows 7 32-bit to 64-bit.

3. On a separate note, do you think that setting the OS with a cluster size of 64k would help with performance?

thank you for your advice.
    Last edited by newbino; 12-06-2010, 09:00 AM.

1. I have a Falcon II 64 GB drive, is this an overprovisioned drive, and if yes by how much?
    It is not.

2. In other forums I am reading suggestions to create an extra 10 GB of unallocated space at the end (making allocated space 60 GB -> 50 GB), will this help with the longevity of the drive? Note: I understand that to do this I would need a secure erase, I am in any case intending to do it before switching from Windows 7 32-bit to 64-bit.
    Yes, This method is feasible .

3. On a separate note, do you think that setting the OS with a cluster size of 64k would help with performance?
    By System default is good.

Comment

Working...
    X