X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this harddrive mac compatible ?

[ PHOENIX PRO ] FM-25S2S-120GBP2
    , I have a macpro desktop

The drive will work in a Mac. Some users are experiencing issues while others are not. Currently there is no way for you to update the firmware on any non-windows systems.

Comment

Will it work right out of box?

Comment

Mine (MacBook Pro (Mid 2010)) worked out of the box. I know (personally, not from the forum) of two other people (Mac Pro & MacBook (Late 2008)) who had the same success.

Some people have made complainants of disk utility not recognizing the drive when using the install discs. Work around for the issue, which seems to be successful for most people experiencing this problem, can be found at: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=6876
        Last edited by patrick; 11-29-2010, 03:34 PM.

Comment

ProfessorJordan: I would personally wait until further notice on these drives if you plan on putting this in a Mac. Right now, it's just too great of a risk to not run into problems since sanforce/gskill haven't come up with solutions to various problems people are having. Just take a look at this forum.

Comment

MacBook Pro APPROVED!!!

THIS UNIT WILL WORK WITH MAC RIGHT OUT OFF THE BOX, JUST USE CARBON COPY MAC FOR MIRRORING YOUR ACTUAL HDD AND INSTALL http://www.jinx.de/SmartSleep.html SO YOU WILL FIX THE SLEEP ISSUE, ENJOY YOUR NEW MAC, FASTER AND BETTER THAN EVER!!!!

LEON

Comment

Wait until firmware updated for Mac

I and others on this forum are having a wake from sleep issue that needs to be addressed before I'd recommend putting this in your Mac

Comment

I am also having this sleep issue on my 2009 13" MBP with a 120GB Phoenix Pro. If you can hold off until there is a firmware fix or purchase a drive with another controller other than sandforce, do.

Comment

Working...
                X