No announcement yet.

Can't upgrade FW if partitions on SSD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't upgrade FW if partitions on SSD?

I tried to make sure my Phoenix Pro 120GB SSD had the latest firmware using the 3.1 Firmware update tool. My Phoenix Pro identifies in Device Manager as:

FM-25552S-120GBP2____________3.1

Which I believe means I have the 3.1 firmware?

Either way, when I run the 3.1 Firmware updater, it says it can not find the drive, although Device Manager sees it. Reading through the forum posts, it appears, though I can't 100% confirm, that you can't upgrade a Phoenix Pro using the Firmware Updater tool if it already has a partition on it? I have a Mac HFS+ partition on the drive, and have to update it via my Windows box.

Can anyone confirm that the 3.1 Firmware Updater does not work if the SSD has a partition on it? Maybe it has to do with a foreign partition being on the SSD that Windows doesn't recognize?

I can confirm

The ssdupdate tool will not see any of my 3 drives with any ext2, ext3, or ext4 partitions on them. If I delete all the partitions then ssdupdate can see my drives. Which really sucks to have to do that! I wish they would fix this problem. I know there is a way because I have another Sandforce ssd from O** and the ssdupdate tool can't see it with partitions on it either but there toolbox can see it with partitions on it. Sandforce has really been slacking with fixing the problems with there firmware and update tool!

Comment

are you running the Firmware update tool as administrator, by right mouse clicking it and selecting "run as administrator." If you don't the drives will not show up in the update tool.

Comment

ssdupdata could not find the SSD
        1. BIOS is not set AHCI
        2. Windows AHCI Driver use Intel RST v10 ver
        3. SSD inside have does not belong Windows partition.
        4. ssdupdata.exe not support your SATA controller (Nvidia)

Comment

Working...
        X