Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSD Phoenix Pro 240GB deep sleep on mac

Hi,
    I just received the Phoenix Pro 240GB and try to install on macbook pro (i7) (os x 10.6.5). Firstly, the system doesn't detect the drive but I found some solution here and finally starting properly (before this I used the intel 160GB that can be easily detect my my mac). But I found another problem that the drive seem to be deep sleep after some idle time and hang up. I wonder that how can I deal with this situation.
    thanks

Sorry thitipat

I will test it and figure it out.

Comment

I will wait for it.
      Thanks

Comment

for additional. I experienced that sometime during normal operation, the system was freezing, not only the idle time. It's very annoying and effect my works. I wonder that how can I return the product.

Comment

Any updates GSKILL? I'm kinda having the same problem but with a Phoenix Pro 120GB. So far, it only hangs after sleep from idling. Is this happening to other people with macs too?

Comment

For additional info. I found that after upgrade the OS to 10.6.5, there are many cases that they found the system hang up from mail system, so I tested by not to start the mail app. and found that the problem still on idle only too. I found some solution on the web about the ssd issues, I try some of them such as disable hibernation, disable noatime, no luck from those. If I left the system till idle, the system often freeze on wake up. If I set to sleep mode from menu and leave the system about 15 minutes I can continue use my system, but if it longer, the system often freeze too.

Comment

web solutions don't work

In my testing, all of the solutions suggested on the web to prevent the crash when waking from sleep do not address the problem. I've had to disable sleep on my Mac Pro until G.Skill and/or SandForce address this problem.

Comment

sircoolio: does your macbook hang/crash on any type of sleep (closing lid, forcing it to sleep, idling...) or does it only do it when idling?

Comment

Hi all

could you let me know when did you purchase your SSD.

Comment

I bought it from Memory-C on 15 nov 2010.
                    SN: 1044B000042870

Comment

I ordered it from newegg on November 13. The drive itself has a label that says Nov.2010. Is there a correlation?

Comment

Hi mates

I think it is RMA time.

Comment

I am having a similar issue with my Phoenix Pro 120GB SSD in my 13" MacBook Pro (2009 model). Every time my system wakes from sleep I get the beach-ball and have to do a hard reset. I have tried the usual things, disabled safe sleep, sudden motion sensor, stopped the hard drive from going to sleep in energy saver etc and it doesn't seem to change the situation much. For the time being I have sleep disabled, but I don't think this is a good permanent solution.

My serial number according to system profiler is GS01104611190055 and I am running firmware 3.1 with OS X 10.6.5.

Thanks
                          - Berwyck

Comment

bljpoad: is the freezing happening to you on all types of sleep(closing the lid to sleep, sleep when idling, etc..)?

Gskill: are these problems uncommon on macs that they need to be rma'd or is this a known issue that could be fixed by probably a firmware update?

Comment

Since1983: It seems to happen when I let the machine go to sleep by leaving it unattended. If I set it to sleep by the option in the apple menu it seems ok. I say seems because I have only slept the machine in this way for ~30 mins. Hibernate seems to work ok too, but this takes ages to wake up again, so I don't consider that a solution really.

Comment

Working...
                              X