Phonx SSD needs to warm up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phonx SSD needs to warm up?

I am haveing an odd issue with my 120gig phoenix. it works fine but it seems to need a little warm up time. if my Pcs been off and i turn it on the drive will not be found by my Gigabyte Ga-ep45-id3r mobo. but if i then turn if off and on or so something to stall drive detecting 10 sec or so it works fine. Not sure if this is a controller issue or a drive issue. nether gskill or newegg dose cross RMA's so i like to avoid an RMA if not necessary downtime right now whould be very hard on me.

Do you have more than one hard drives installed? I noticed that I also need like 3-5 seconds for the computer to start up again from sleep, but that is mainly because I have 2 other mechanical HD that needs to spin up

Comment

1 regular HD that and one sata dvd-r. i have a 650W pc power and cooling power supply so i don't think power is an issue. and this is from cold boot not sleep. my understanding is there is a know issue with sleeep on these drives and i have disabled it on my pc.

Comment

interesting side note i just noticed the 3.1 firmware release at the top of this forum. the tool can't seem to see my drive. i am in atci mode and my bios and i seem to be using the standard MS built in ATCI driver.
        --
        update i was able to update my drive in windows safe mode issue remains.
        Last edited by glich; 11-14-2010, 08:49 PM.

Comment

anyone ?? Gkskil?

Comment

Hi glich

sorry for miss your message.
            please replace this storage.
            it seem defective.

Comment

Got new drive. so far so good new drive is being seen 100% of time. i did have 1 hickup just after i ghosted it it would not boot but did on 2th try. rebooted 10 times so far so good. this one must have been right off the boat it already had 3.1 firmware in it.

Gskill if you going to be in storage biz offer cross ships.
              Last edited by glich; 11-23-2010, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X