Sniper Series SSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper Series SSD

Does anyone have a clue about the SNIPER series SSD, I saw these on Newegg and for the life of me I cant tell the difference between the SNIPER and the PRO series

Is there any significance to these drives other than a label change?

Model FM-25S2S-60GBSR FM-25S2S-120GBSR

Anyone in the know please respond

G.Skill please verify

Originally posted by MarkAL View Post
    Does anyone have a clue about the SNIPER series SSD, I saw these on Newegg and for the life of me I cant tell the difference between the SNIPER and the PRO series

Is there any significance to these drives other than a label change?

Model FM-25S2S-60GBSR FM-25S2S-120GBSR

Anyone in the know please respond
    I have been asking this same question in post http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=6695

The Pro series ending in P1 has lower IOPS and the Pro ending in P2 has up to 50,000 IOPS which is better.

I believe the new sniper series is just a re-branded Pro P2.

I think they did it to separate the two firmware IOP models better.

So as far as I can tell the Pro P2 and new Sniper series are the same.

Comment

You know this should be an easy question for GSKILL

Please answer in simple terms the exact difference in the two so we can understand

Thanks

Comment

good news

i called g skill and talked to the tech guys there and they said that the sniper series is better than the pheonix pro series. im just reporting what they told me. i ordered the 120gb version.

Comment

Pro P2 and Sniper SSD Differences

Originally posted by Leignheart View Post
          i called g skill and talked to the tech guys there and they said that the sniper series is better than the pheonix pro series. im just reporting what they told me. i ordered the 120gb version.
          The Pro P2 and the Sniper series have the same specs. So G.Skill what is the differences that would make the Sniper version better?

Comment

The new Sniper series is geared toward gamers, whereas the Phoenix Pro will be more for the photoshop, rendering, and such users. It is essentially the same as Phoenix Pro series, but this will help us better differentiate the slight differences in each model such as provisioning and IOPS ratings. Some people are confused, so this should make it more clear. As we continue to develop our SSDs, each series will have their slight differences with regards to their purpose.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
              The new Sniper series is geared toward gamers, whereas the Phoenix Pro will be more for the photoshop, rendering, and such users. It is essentially the same as Phoenix Pro series, but this will help us better differentiate the slight differences in each model such as provisioning and IOPS ratings. Some people are confused, so this should make it more clear. As we continue to develop our SSDs, each series will have their slight differences with regards to their purpose.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH
              Any idea where to find details at the above bold items ?

Comment

Working...
              X