Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoenix Pro 128GB not detecting in Shuttle XPC (Intel P35 board)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Pro 128GB not detecting in Shuttle XPC (Intel P35 board)

I purchased a Crucial SSD (M225 - 128GB) and decided to upgrade to this for the speed difference. Unfortunately, I have had nothing but trouble with this drive.

First, it wouldn't detect at all. I read through a few forums which pointed me to set my BIOS to ACHI mode instead of IDE. A few restarts later, it detected and I was able to successfully install Windows 7 and MS Office. I decided to run the WEI benchmark which scored .6 higher than the Crucial drive, so I was very happy. I was about to list the Crucial drive for sale, but after the first restart, the Phoenix Pro drive stopped detecting again!!

I've been playing around with BIOS settings going to ACHI to IDE, but nothing will detect. Tried plugging the drive into multiple different SATA ports. I've wasted many hours trying different settings and searching different places with no luck. Please help!!

MOTHERBOARD/CASE: SHUTTLE SP35P2 Pro (See specs/details below)
    http://us.shuttle.com/barebone/Model..._pro_Spec.html

OTHER HARDWARE: Intel Q9300, Corsair XMS2 4GB DDR2, BFG GTS250, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 750GB.
    Last edited by smoka; 11-02-2010, 09:00 AM.

Hi Smoka

i am sorry for this SSD.
    the best way is replace this one.
    please ask your reseller or contact our RMA department.
    they will assist you.

Comment

So you know for sure it's defective although it detected once??!! I would like to avoid RMA if it's not a defective drive.
      Last edited by smoka; 11-02-2010, 03:29 PM.

Comment

I tried to create an RMA through Newegg but realized I have to pay return shipping. This should be covered by the manufacturer to encourage them to imrove the QA process.

EDIT: Luckily, I got Newegg paid for my return shipping, so I just hope the next one is better. Hopefully more people will be reporting that FW 3.1 is working by then or I will just keep my drive with the default firmware.
        Last edited by smoka; 11-02-2010, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X