Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't seem to find AHCI in my P5N-D BIOS. Can this 750i board support it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't seem to find AHCI in my P5N-D BIOS. Can this 750i board support it?

I got this ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-232-_-Product
    and I brought this G.SKILL Phoenix Pro Series FM-25S2S-120GBP2 2.5" 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-378-_-Product

If my motherboard doesn't support the AHCI can I use any alternative method to keep my SSD in good shape?

Thanks

The truth is P5N-D has no AHCI support.

ASUS Forum

Comment

Sigh*
      Despair...
      By any chance does my G.Skill SSD have a garbage collection tool or wipers utility like from what I heard is the alternative option if you don't have TRIM.

Thanks for answering me Wales.

Comment

You can use HDDErase to wipe the SSD, but you need to back up the info every time. Unfortunately, nVidia does not support SSDs yet. =/

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

What exactly is the purpose of the HDDErase program?

My guess is that once the SSD becomes sluggish I will use this program to delete everything and reinstall windows on the SSD and the speed will come back.
          Is my guess right?

Thanks for the help GSKILL TECH.

Comment

Hi

actually it was right but erase SSD frequently will affect its life.
            so if it is not severe performance drop, I don't recommend doing that.

Comment

I see, Thanks G.Skill I will probably buy another SSD in like 2 years and I doubt the performance will drop so badly within that 2 years.

So say I install all the programs I need in the SSD in a day and I don't delete anything over 2 years. (Except for the TEMP files like for FireFox and things like that.

Will this preserve the performance of the SSD or am I imagining things?

Comment

Working...
              X